Medicor Foundation is an independent and charitable foundation based in Liechtenstein. It was founded in 1995 thanks to a generous private initiative. Medicor Foundation is subject to the Liechtenstein Foundation Supervisory Authority (STIFA) and is a founding member of the Association of Charitable Foundations in Liechtenstein.
Medicor Foundation focuses on international development. We select convincing projects in the fields of education, health and social care. Medicor Foundation contributes to the sustainable improvement of the wellbeing and empowerment of vulnerable and disadvantaged people in countries in Africa, Latin America and The Caribbean, as well as in Eastern Europe.
Medicor Foundation focusses mainly on development projects and thereby contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. Our strategy includes the following three sectors: Education, Health and Social Care. These sectors will be supported in all three regions, but will vary according to the specific requirements of the regions. Separate funding is available for disaster relief and medical research.
Our strategy states that 45% of defined funds should be allocated to Africa, 30% to Latin America and The Caribbean and 25% to Eastern Europe.
Who Are Our Partners?
Medicor Foundation cultivates a broad network of international and national organisations and institutions, but is not an implementing agency. Our partners have the following characteristics:
- international partners are based in Liechtenstein, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Austria or Germany. Their professionalism is evident and they have proven and sound experience in international development. Preferably, they are active in several countries and have implemented a good number of successful projects.
- national partners are based in and implement projects in the regions which fall within our strategy. They are registered locally, managed professionally and implement their projects efficiently and effectively. We will have met members of the senior team.
The selection of projects takes place in three steps. The processing time is four to six months starting from the moment of application.
- The organisation contacts Medicor Foundation. Larger organisations submit a current list of projects, smaller organisations a one- to two-page fact sheet.
- Upon request from Medicor Foundation the organisation submits detailed documentation on the selected project.
- In cooperation with the organisation, Medicor Foundation analyses the project proposal and decides on support.
For more information, please go to the website.