Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA acts as the hosting directorate for TEMBO to support the MSF movement.
TEMBO (https://tembo.msf.org) is a digital learning ecosystem used across the organization, mutualizing efforts, gaining efficiency across MSF entities, and providing a space for all MSF Staff to learn, develop themselves and share knowledge. It contains learning activities such as courses, quick videos and exercises, job-ads, learning communities, and many other professional development resources.
In January 2017, MSF Operational Centre Barcelona (OCBA) was awarded 4.2 million Euros from MSF Transformational Investment Capacity (TIC) funds to provide MSF workers with personal learning and development environments. In July 2020, a second grant has received to support the Scale-Up across the MSF movement, the development of new functionalities while consolidating the Tembo Shared Services operational model.
TEMBO is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of data and information management. In the framework of the TEMBO Business Case, the Shared Services Operational Model and the MSF IT department objectives, the organizations requires a high quality support to and evolution of its Learning Solutions available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF POST
- Design, manage and ensure the development, implementation, evolution and corrective maintenance of the eLearning solutions according to MSF sponsor needs and Projects & IT premises to enhance the productivity of the organizational solutions.
- Support the Learning Solutions Manager in the development of projects and services to ensure the alignment of functional and technical requirements.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATIONAL CHART
The e-Learning Solutions Technician is placed in the Tembo Shared Services, in the area of eLearning Solutions and reports to the eLearning Solutions Manager. S/he will work within the Applications & Projects team part of the Projects & IT team.
The e-Learning Solutions Technician will work closely with:
- The e-learning solutions team for the maintenance, customization, development and deployment of solutions.
- eLearning users
- The Tembo Shared Services Content and Projects teams as main internal stakeholders
- Other Operational Center Learning Units
- Service / solution providers where necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Be the first point of contact for Tembo LMS end-users seeking technical assitance, providing accurate Information about the product/service for an efficient operation and integration of data and information
- Run basic trouble shootings
- Perform a role of dispatcher: scalate relevant issues to the 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Support technical elearning content activities
- Maintain the operations and performance of Tembo LMS system
- Update the needed the documentation related to the applications (instructions, manuals, training module)
- Manage and provide technical support to the development of applications and information systems for Learning processes and its evolutionary and corrective maintenance
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance initiatives for Learning
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and applications through training, periodicals, research and development
- Design and optimize data models and standards, databases and information flow processes services of Learning according to the availability and security requirements established by IT
- Perform the correct integration of data and processes information that is stored in Learning systems with other functional departments of MSF
- Ensure that the different platforms and user interfaces supported are compliant with MSF OCBA Information Security premises
- Analyse the risks involved before any intervention in production systems
- Ensure that procedures lifecycle of the applications are applied consistently both logically and in different physical environments that are available (development, integration, production)
- Execute system validation tests and procedures of the systems belonging to the Learning function
- Work with external service providers ensuring the operation of systems and troubleshooting
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility
Education and experience
- University Degree, preferably related to engineering disciplines (Computer Sciences, Telecommunications, Industrial Engineering), or Computer Technician, or similar
- 3 years’ experience in positions related to software administration and support to end-users. Desirable experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience in customer oriented tasks requiring communication skills
- Desirable experience in software implementation and/or project management
- Desirable experience in software testing, preparation of documentation and instructions
- Languages: English required, Arabic & French highly desirable, other languages valuable
- Very good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge about Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Totara, Cornestone, etc.)
- Desirable knowledge about LAMP environments, particularly PHP
- Knowledge about eLearning authoring solutions
- Knowledge about SCORM standard
- Sharepoint, Office365
- Web development: HTML, CSS
- Nice to have graphic design, multimedia and video edition
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi)
- Full-time job
- 6 months contract (possibility of extension)
- Annually gross salary: HQ-3A (divided in 12 monthly payments) plus secondary benefits based on MSF-OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter
- Closing date: August 8th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.