To collaborate with MSF medical staff on the integration of psychiatric treatment with basic healthcare services in order to insure the treatment of patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders.
- Improve the quality of care in psychiatric services within a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach.
- Improve the access to quality psychiatric services of the target population by strengthening the referral system and collaborating with MoH and other actors.
- Improve the capacities of the MSF and MoH team by identifying needs, planning and training MDs & MH Team and supervising their work.
- Ensure a rational use of psychotropic drugs by advising on treatment lines according to MSF guidelines, reviewing consumptions and participating in medical orders in collaboration with Pharma team and PMR
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Provide treatment for patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders with specific attention to the cultural context.
- Provide training and supervision to national and international medical staff (doctors and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of severe and common mental health disorders according to MSF guidelines
- Participate as a member of the mental health team when present and offer supervision and support to national psychologists and counselors
- Ensure that guidelines and psychotropic medications from MSF standard drug list are available in the project
- Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
- Evaluate in-country available psychiatric services including possibilities for psychiatric hospitalization and the quality of these services.
- Form a relationship with MoH and exploration of sustainability of psychiatric treatment.
- Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in the project in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Recruitment of MSF psychiatrist /mhGap MD
- Training on mhGap to MSF and MoH identified doctors
- Implementation of the expanded mhGap approach in the project (currently implemented under restricted criteria)
- Equip the team with the needed tools for the routine implementation of the component
- Define and implement the filing system for psychiatric patient files
- Propose improvements to the defined proposal on mhGap
- In collaboration with MHAM and MH Team, MDs integrate psychosocial support with a Pyschiatric Unit
- Academic Background: Medical degree, specialized in psychiatric training.
- Fluent English. Arabic desirable
- 2 years of professional experience as pshychiatrist.
- Proven experience in training and supervision
- Previous humanitarian field experience is an added value
- Computer Literacy and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People Management and Development
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary determined by experience and MSF’s salary grid and secondary benefits according to MSF-OCBA’s policies.
- Location; Yemen
- Induction plan to the position.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.
- Starting date: August 2021 or the time needed to get the VISA (10 weeks +/-)
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter.
- Closing date: June 16th , 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.