Starting date : As Soon As Possible
Duration of Mission : 6 – 12 months
Localisation : Aden, Yemen
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilian victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapse by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads on average 200 projects a year in the following sectors of intervention: Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Construction and Rehabilitation of infrastructures, Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Economic Recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 6 million people in 22 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Context in the country
The armed conflict has spread rapidly throughout much of Yemen since mid-March 2015, with devastating consequences for civilians. More than three years of violence has led one of the world’s poorest countries into chaos. The disruption of the commercial and humanitarian imports as well as of the market system, the displacement of populations, the loss of livelihoods and incomes, the damage on the private and public infrastructure and the general destabilization of the public system have contributed to the widespread of food insecurity, malnutrition and to a serious lack of access to health. Today, according to the Yemen Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO, 2019), it is estimated that approximately 24.1 million people in Yemen, about 80% of the population, are in need of humanitarian support, including 14.3 million in acute need, while 19.7 million people in Yemen require assistance to ensure adequate access to healthcare.
PUI has been working in Yemen since 2007, by providing an integrated approach mainly focused on health and nutrition, coupled with food security and WASH activities, in order to combine an emergency response with a longer term community based approach.
PUI’s strategy/position in the country
At the time of writing, PUI operates in Al Mansuryah, As Sukhnah and Al Mighlaf Districts in Hodeidah Governorate and in Al Jabin District in Raymah Governorate in the North; moreover, in 2019 a base has been established in the South, in Al Mokha District, located in Taizz Governorate.
As part of our activities in Yemen, we are looking for an Aera Coordinator
The Area Coordinator is responsible for oversight of all programmes, operations, and safety and security of all staff under his/her area of responsibility. The Area Coordinator represents PUI to local stakeholders including authorities, donors, NGOs and other actors, monitors and analyses the humanitarian context and assesses needs accordingly in order to inform programmatic strategy.
- Assessment/Strategy: He/She proactively monitors the context and humanitarian needs under his/her areas of responsibility, proposes, designs, and leads assessments and the development of appropriate interventions. He/She participates actively in the mission wide strategy development.
- Representation: He/She Represent PUI to partners, donors and duty bearers, and to promote an optimal operational space for pursuing PUI’s strategic priorities in coordination with all relevant entities, espeically government authorities in Aden.
- Fundraising: He/She assists the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission Programmes in donor relations and identification of fundraising opportunities, especially in his/her area of responsibility.
- Coordination/Programmes: He/She is accountable for an adequate definition and efficient implementation of the projects and disseminates information from/to the area. He/She, alongside the Field Coordinator, ensures effective communication and dissemination of information between bases and with the Coordination as and when appropriate.
- Safety & Security: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Area Coordinator is responsible for the safety and security of all PUI staff, assets, and premises under his/her areas of operation.
- Human Resources: He/She indirectly supervises all the teams under his/her area of responsibility, composed of national and international staff and supports the Field Coordinator in recruitment, briefing and follow up where necessary.
To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job In The Field
Expériences / Formation
- Degree or equivalent in social science, politics science, program management, international development preferred
- Security and safety management
- At least 4 years of experience in projects development/implementation;
- Strong experience in Budget/Finance Management (cost-efficiency);
- Strong experience of managing logistical processes;
- Experience working with a variety of donors;
- Experience in Safety Management
- Skills and experience in developing of national staff capacity;
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent writing skills
- Team Management
- Project Management skills
- Team Management
- Ability to represent PUI as per the recommendations of the HoM and ensure an efficient and proactive coordination with other actors.
- Knowledge of Health programming
- Security management and context follow-up
Languages: English is required, arabic is a plus
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract of 6 to 12 months
- Starting Date: ASAP
- Monthly Gross Income: from 2 420 up to 2 750 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost Coverde Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses « Per diem »
- Break Policy : : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance if pending visa, 5 working days at 2, 4, 8 and 10 months if in-country
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our website