FonctionsDirection et administration
Date de validité01/07/2023
Whole of Syria : Transparency and Compliance Manager – Amman
Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be working remotely from Amman, Jordan.
You will be in charge of
The Country Transparency and Compliance Manager is a key member of the Management Team at country level. She/He is responsible for ACTED audit management in-country under the authority of the Country Director.
She/He is in charge of (i) controlling, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of ACTED’s processes in compliance with ACTED’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations in the relevant country; (ii) developing & actively contributing to action plans agreed with country coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
She/He provides technical support and capacity building to the country FLATS staff to implement the action plan and address the issues.
She/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
Internal Audit management
- Implement the approved national internal audit plan: conduct and supervise internal audit missions through a risk management approach
- Control the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner’s levels
- Control the compliance with country rules and regulations
- Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
External audit : ensure the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
Training sessions / lessons learned / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Process improvement
Expériences / Formation
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position
- 3-4 years of previous work experience in Audit (external and/or internal), Finance, Logistics, Administration orLaw
- Previous experience in the aid & development sector is an asset
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and organizational terms
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy
- Ability to work well and under pressure
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Previous experience abroad is an asset
- Salary between 3100 and 3300€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: T&CM/WOS
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.