Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 8 months
Base: Jordan (Amman) or IRAQ (Erbil)
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
There are 3 implementing bases in Syria with the coordination in Amman. The total financial volume of the mission will increase to 13.5 million EUR from the end of 2018. The mission will reach a number of 60 expatriates and 340 national employees
ABOUT THE JOB
The Conformity & transparency Coo will be under the hierarchical supervision of the Country Director.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES :
- Ensure SI procedures and process are fully understood and implemented by the teams
- Perform internal audits, spot checks and pre-audits when required and submit recommendations to the teams.
- Ensure the success of external audits and follow-up of the recommendations.
- Coordinate and support the partnership strategy of the mission.
- Coordinate the archives process of the mission.
- Ensure the respect of SI Ethics and Transparency policies and support the teams in any related question.
PRIORITIES FOR THE 2/3 FIRST MONTHS :
- Implement archive, external & internal audit tools and follow-ups.
- Follow-up on the implementation of internal audit recommendation
Support HR the induction process of newly recruited employees on the code of ethics and conduct, the whistleblowing policy, PSEA, etc;
- University degree in law or social sciences with experience / expertise in
- Experience in advocacy on human-rights.
- Experience in supporting emergency response.
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of Solidarités International charter and ethos.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position: starting from 2860 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 750 USD. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.