1- ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. It is independent, non-religious, non-political, and open to everyone.
Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and child protection projects through 22 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, Lebanon, Madagascar, and the Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
In Egypt, Asmae is registered under the Ministry of Solidarity since May 2015. Asmae promotes education and child protection within three areas of intervention: prevention of school dropout and underperformance, support to children with disabilities and prevention and care of children at risk; in which Asmae supported eight Egyptians’ associations.
Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo with four main personnel members: one Country Director, one Senior Project officer, one Administrative and Financial Officer, one National Office Assistant and an Office Boy.
2- GENERAL OVERVIEW OF POSITION / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Line Manager: Country Representative
Main functional relationships:
- Country Office : Administrative and Finance Officer, Technical Advisors, Grants Officer
- Head Office : Programme Manager, Grants Manager, Education & Protection Technical Advisor
Status: Fixed-term local Contract
The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of all the projects developed by Asmae in the country. For 2020, the Senior Project officer will focus on the project ‘Empower the civil society organizations in Egypt to better respond to the socio-economic needs of youth with disabilities’ funded by Walanpartias Foundation and the AFD Programme that will be start in the first quarter of 2020.
The Senior Project Officer follows the local security and safety rules and procedures and participates to the security context analysis.
4.1. Operational Project Management:
- Ensures the smooth implementation of activities within the time frame and in accordance with contractual commitments
- Supports and trains partners in the implementation of activities, and strengthens their management-monitoring-evaluation capacities
- Organizes and/or facilitates regular meetings with the partners (networking, steering committees, etc.)
- Consolidates the information and share it with the Headquarters in order to prepare the Steering Committee
- Implements Asmae’s operational tools and accompanies partners helping them developing a system and tools for monitoring-evaluation and reporting on partner activities
- Establish a close collaboration with the Technical Advisor to follow-up the activities implemented during the project
- Gathers and centralizes information on project activities & complete the monitoring-evaluation tools of Asmae
- Prepares narrative progress and final reports in line with the format and time schedule indicated by the funder(s)
- Contributes to the project assessment process (recruitment of consultant, review and validation of deliverables, etc.)
- Monitors the administration of partner relationships (partnership agreements, management tools, etc.)
- Draws up letters of intention and project proposals with partners, mainly through brainstorming workshops
- Ensures the communication of the project
4.2. Budget Management of Projects:
- Ensures compliance with the procedures and budgetary framework of co-financed projects
- Informs all personnel involved in the projects of the procedures and requirements of the funder(s)
- Manages project budgets together with the Administration and Finance Officer: allocation of expenditure for Asmae, and validation of partner expenses
- Carries out financial and administrative monitoring of partners, together with the Administration and Finance Officer
- Ensures adherence to the administrative time schedule of financing agreements (transfer of Asmae funds, transfer of partner funds, deadlines for financial reports, deadlines for the performance of financial audits, etc.)
- Validates monthly budget monitoring in accordance with the validation procedure (budget-line spending, flexibility between items, expenditure projections to the end of the project)
- Contributes to budgeting for amendments
- Contributes to financial reports intended for the funder(s)
- Ensures that records are kept in accordance with the established procedures
- Contributes to preparations for, and support the Administration and Finance Officer in financial audits
4.3. Provide support to Public and Private fundraising strategy within the country:
- Helps establish fundraising strategy for the country with the support of Asmae Country Representative and HO Programme Manager.
- Support in developing new project proposals for potential public and private sector donors
- Monitor grants for financial and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
- Supervises preparation of funding requests as well as monitoring-reporting-evaluation (internal and external) related to projects funded by institutional or private donors.
- Ensures that activities implemented are consistent with Asmae’s operational framework and methodology and comply with donor requirements.
4.4. Contribution to hiring process of new staff members in coordination with the Country Representative:
- Drafts Terms of Reference for the new staff to be hired by Asmae.
- Participates in interview questions, and conducting face to face and virtual interviews for the new technical staff to be hired.
- Participates in the hiring selection committee to reach the final decision.
- Perform technical induction for the new employees to include Asmae history, strategy, partners and current projects.
4.5. Contribution to the development of National Office activities:
- Contributes to facilitation of team meetings
- Organizes and participates in monitoring missions undertaken by headquarters
- Represents the organization at meetings and in other activities
- Contributes to the development of communication tools
Expériences / Formation
Education/ Experience :
- Master degree in international Relations, Cooperation, Development, Humanitarian or equivalent
Experience /Professional Skills :
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management and implementation preferably in the field of inclusive education, vocational training and life skills
- Experience working with international NGOs and familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, AFD Agencies)
- Working experience in partnership with local associations
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and project reporting
- Knowledge in education and/or child protection is an asset
- Place of work: Maadi (Cairo)
- Status: Egyptian fixed-term contract
- Starting date: March 31th 2020
- Ending date: December 31th 2020
- Salary: Based on qualification, experience and capacity
If you are interested please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “Senior Project Officer 02-2020” no later than February 22nd, 2020 before 5:00 PM (Cairo Time)