Requisition ID: req2737
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, Information Technology
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY – HQ
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Specific services that the IT department provides include application development & integration, system deployment, user experience and change management, quality assurance & testing, and overall Project Management in an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs.
The Senior Project Manager, IT and Operations will provide general project management support for projects related to both operational process and business system improvements required to support the IRC’s ongoing operations and growth. The Sr. Project Manager will work with the Director of Project and Portfolio Management and various business owners to successfully execute these projects.
The person in this position will develop and manage existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The Sr. Project Manager works proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
* Creates and Maintains Project Plans: Develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures PM methodology is adhered to.
Key Working Relationships:
* Maintain a productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, system users, and vendors.
Position Reports to: Director of Project and Portfolio Management
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Headquarters & Global Offices Teams – multiple departments
* Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
* Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
* Vendors and Consultants
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred Additional Requirements
* CAPM or PMP certified; or actively working toward certification
* Standard office working environment
|Pays||Amérique du Nord, Etats-Unis|
|Salaire / Indemnité|
|Postuler en ligne||http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy40Mjc4Ni42MTc3QGlyY2NkLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ|
|Date de fin de validité||14/10/2018|