Management & Administration
Date de validité11/12/2022
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Juba, South Sudan.
As Security Advisor you will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of staff safety (SAFSEC) elements at Welthungerhilfe South Sudan’s country program under the direct supervision of the Country Director. You will oversee the development of outstanding high-quality standard operating procedures, training manuals, site security and contingency plans. To achieve the deliverables, you will collaborate closely with the Head of Operations, Head of Projects, and Field security focal points. As groundwork to context-based safety measures, you will lead regular updates on context and risk analysis templates based on internal assessment and learning from peers, networking, and other stakeholders in the industry within South Sudan.
- Advise the Country Director and Senior Management Team (SMT) on the security situation in the country and in the region and propose ways forward and be a proactive member of the SMT
- Ensure that safety and security policies, procedures, SOPs and Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) are developed and implemented as well as developing action plans for security upgrade
- Serve as a focal point for any security-, safety- and access-related issues to the Heads of Projects and Area Managers in Project locations
- Ensure that drivers, security guards and Security Focal Points have relevant skills and competencies to fulfill their duties; develop and implement training schedule for all Project locations
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce their vulnerability to those threats
- Carry out security assessments of new WHH facilities, ensure a standard level of facilities protection, and supervise guards
- Develop and maintain external relations with key stakeholders (donors, local authorities, partner organizations)
- 5-10 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures development
- Previous experience working in South Sudan is a plus
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under « Our benefits ».
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 11, 2022, by following this link. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.