Requisition ID: req2390
Job Title: Regional Finance Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY – HQ
The IRC Finance department seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles. The International Finance Team does this by supporting and training international finance staff in country program offices, by implementing and monitoring the implementation of IRC and donor policies and procedures, and by gathering the necessary financial information in preparation of the organizations’ financial statements.
SCOPE OF WORK:
As a member for the International Finance Team, the Regional Finance Manager (Controller) will facilitate timely and accurate reporting of financial and budgetary information from international field offices to headquarters (« HQ ») in New York and to external donors. The successful candidate will guide and review the work of the finance staff in the field offices, and will liaise with Regional and County Directors in the country field offices on financial, accounting, and budgetary matters.
Based at IRC Headquarters in New York, the Regional Finance Manager (Controller) will report to the Director of International Finance and will work closely with the field based Finance Controllers, Country Directors, and Regional Vice Presidents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Participate in the preparation of donor proposals:
* Provide technical support to country Finance Controllers and Managers.
* Provide guidance on compliance issues to colleagues in the field
* Perform the final financial review of the proposal document prior to approval and submission to the donor;
* Prepare and submit quarterly US Government financial reports (form SF425) for overseas operations;
* Review non-USG final financial reports prior to submission to either the donor or the IRC-UK;
* Research and finalize closeouts for the US Government grant portfolio;
* Prepare and review internal financial reports and ensure that management at headquarters and the regional and country office level are kept abreast of financial related issues of the country offices;
* Review and approve the cash transfer requests to ensure excess cash is not transferred from New York or affiliate offices;
* Review country office receivables balances to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up;
* Provide technical guidance and support as requested by the country offices;
* Ensure timely dissemination of new initiatives and polices to the field and monitoring of implementation;
* Review and submit the monthly country offices’ financial data, including the upload of Country Office files into NY SUN database;
* Ascertain that the SUN database in the country offices is reconciled to the NY SUN database;
* Monitor country office balance sheets and ensure that balances are adequately supported by reviewing quarterly reconciliation packages;
* Perform periodic checks on the country office database to ensure currency clearing and proper maintenance of the export consolidation, chart of account etc.;
* Facilitate the clearing of inter-company accounts;
* Contribute to discussions on financial policy issues including the maintenance and development of the International Finance Manual;
* Conduct training at and participate in the International Finance Conference;
* Develop an expertise on the rules and regulations of all donors , and provide guidance in the area of donor compliance;
* Ensure up to date maintenance of grant files.
* Respond to ad hoc requests made by the Director of International Finance, the regional units or the country offices
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance – Masters Degree, CPA or CA a plus;
* Min. five years progressive finance/accounting experience in the non-profit sector;
* Previous work experience in a multi-cultural international environment abroad is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated familiarity with GAAP and proven general knowledge of Fund Accounting;
* Previous work experience with a major general ledger software package – experience with SUN and MS Dynamics preferred;
* Proven knowledge of US Government and European Union regulations highly desirable;
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships;
* Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
* Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands;
* Strong Computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting software, and email/internet software;
* The ability and willingness to travel to country programs.
Reports to: Director of International Finance.