FonctionsGestion de projets et programmes
Date de validité05/10/2022
Starting date : 01/10/2022
Duration of mission : 6 months
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Venezuela
PUI has been addressing humanitarian needs in Venezuela since 2019. The organization is framing its intervention through an integrated health, nutrition, MHPSS, protection and WaSH approach. PUI coordinates its programs within the humanitarian cluster system, establishing multi-sectoral partnerships with both national and international NGOs. Projects are implemented in highly populated urban vulnerable areas as well as in hard-to-reach rural and indigenous communities, supporting both fixed and mobile health clinics. The mission is growing, differentiating its donor portfolio, sectors of intervention and areas of implementation, focusing on increasing the quality of its programming.
What about the Protection advisor ?
As Protection Technical Advisor, you will ensure high quality mainstream and integrated protection of PUI in the mission across all programs in a strategic manner.
- Protection & Programs: You will advise and support the implementation of protection components within current programs.
- Technical support: You will provide technical guidance, technical tools and capacity building to the protection team and other relevant staff.
- Strategy: You will contribute to the strategic guidance of the mission on protection programming.
- Representation: You will represent the organisation in specific instances related with protection.
- Safety and Security: You will ensure safe programming across all activities.
The challenges that await you
1) Understanding the context, new for PUI, contextualizing/creating guidelines accordingly
2) Being a new position, setting-up the department, recruit and train the staff, liaising with other departments to ensure the integrated approach
3) Positioning PUI within the cluster system, establishing a network to ensure referrals
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold Master’s degree in humanitarian project management, international human rights law, political or social sciences. All the better if you have a training in Quality process management such as URD (Compas Dynamique), or SPHERE, IASC.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years’ experience in international protection program management or a similar position in an international context. You are experienced in working in environments with similar protection threats. You also have strong experiences as a protection trainer and protection tools deliver based on IASC and GPC. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You demonstrate a good understanding of global protection principles and relevant bodies of international law. You possess proven capacities to deliver trainings on protection and public representation skills. You also have a strong capacity in diplomatically working among an integrated multi-cultural project team. You are a good team player, and have strong communication skills, being able to build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- Qualities : You have an ability to work independently, to take the initiative and to take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and the organization. You also make a strong commitment in humanitarian principles, have a resilience to stress and show diplomacy and open-mindedness. You have good analytical and organisation skills, an ability to manage priorities and varied workload, and to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You also have problem solving and leadership skills, and an ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics.
- Languages : English and Spanish have no secrets for you! All the better, both are mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Venezuela is a peculiar complex humanitarian context, which requires professionals that are keen to challenge themselves to fit in! PUI mission in Venezuela is relatively recent, but in an expansion phase. We really value the expertise new staff members can bring in to strengthen our team. This position is new and will be key to start and consolidate operations according to the plan. In addition, further expansions are foreseen with a diversified portfolio of donors. For this reason, we are looking for a proactive and autonomous Spanish-speaker professional, who will be able to contribute to a fast-growing and ambitious team. Are you ready to join? »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 340,00 – 2 590,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per Diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill the form on our career site.