Requisition ID: req2669
Job Title: Pharmacy Advisor
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY – HQ
IRC Health Unit contributes to the effectiveness of IRC health programs through technical support, staff development, and institutional learning. IRC Global Supply Chain provides operational support for pharmaceutical supply chain needs of IRC country programs, including support for international procurement and guidelines for local procurement of pharmaceuticals. The two units work together to ensure that pharmaceuticals for IRC health programs are selected in accordance with the essential drug lists, good quality products are procured in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost, pharmaceuticals are stored and distributed appropriately, stock out and wastage are minimized, and pharmaceuticals are used rationally by the providers and patients.
1. Support continuous improvement of the in-country pharmaceutical management in all IRC operations; assessing level of organizational compliance with internal policies and guidelines as well as universally endorsed protocols and standards for pharmaceutical management
2. Regularly perform supportive supervision to country missions in order to assist, advise, train and build the capacity of field medical and pharmaceutical as well as logistics and program staff on all components of the pharmaceutical supply chain management.
3. Responsible for ensuring development & submission of high quality grant proposals covering all aspects of pharmaceutical management (drugs selection, forecasting and supply planning, metrics, inventory management policies, staffing plans, budgeting, etc.).
Country support & Mentorship
* Provide support in identifying, recruiting and onboarding process of key pharmaceutical staff for country programs
* Work with procurement team and country programs to conduct regular good distribution practices assessments to local wholesalers where required
Performance Measurement & Reporting
* Work with the Regional Supply Chain Director(s), health coordinators and other key colleagues to develop & refine specific health supply chain performance measurement
The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
* Degree in Pharmacy; Master in Public Health and/or training in pharmaceutical supply chain.
* At least five years’ experience in drug management/medical logistics/ pharmaceutical supply chain, with progressive increase in responsibilities.
* Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees.
Situational Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make good decisions about what should be done given a specific situation. Thinks carefully before taking action and behaves appropriately for the circumstances
Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrates the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues
Leadership: Takes responsibility for actions, decisions, and outcomes. Can confidently take the lead role on a team, if and when necessary
Language Skills: English proficiency is a must; Arabic and/or French a big plus
Travel Requirement: 30 – 40% of the time
|Pays||Amérique du Nord, Etats-Unis|
|Salaire / Indemnité|
|Postuler en ligne||http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy42MDgyMC42MTc3QGlyY2NkLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ|
|Date de fin de validité||10/11/2018|