COOPI is looking for a Coordination Assistant in Nigeria
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno state.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission the Coordination Assistant will be responsible for the institutional representation; internal and external coordination; information sharing among the coordination office, field and the HQ; liaison with state and local authorities; help the Head of Mission in understanding the humanitarian situation and the context; donor compliance, project development and reporting revision.
- Participate to internal coordination meeting and prepare the minutes to be shared to coordination team.
- Attend external coordination meeting and prepare report to be share with coordination team.
- Archive project documents (contract, report, amendment etc..) to be shared with the HQ.
- Follow up on INGO registration in country and make sure that the organisation is in line with all governmental rules.
- Attending and representing the organisation at the INGO forum if requested by the Head of Mission.
- Contributes to the HoM’s representation with donors and consortium partners by providing briefing papers and accompanying meetings as requested.
- Communication: dial directly with the communication office at the HQ level and make sure that COOPI communication manual is followed and disseminated; prepare and coordinate all relevant communications materials (photos, communication reports, visibility plan etc.).
- Travel to the field offices in order to build networks with different stakeholder and to collect and disseminate information among the staff.
- Support the Head of Mission and Program Manager on project proposal development, operational plan updates and internal program planning tools revisions and update.
- Prepare and revise projects narrative reports to be shared with the HQ and Donors.
- Liaise directly with the different project manager on the revision and follow up of the internal M&E tool.
- Perform other additional duties requested by the Head of Mission provide solutions and define work processes for various interventions.
- Advanced degree in International Development or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle-management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Strong commitment to follow the rules and procedures of the organization.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork;
- Adequate resilience to stress;
- Organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Previous experience in writing project proposals;
- Previous experience in Western African country;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian INGO.
Coordination SUD est référencée comme organisme de formation par DataDock depuis 2017.