Date de validité28/02/2022
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been implementing an emergency program in Borno State since 2016, in response to the humanitarian crisis in north-eastern Nigeria, focusing on improving access to primary health care, treatments of under-nutrition and for gender-based violence survivors, and providing sexual and reproduction health and mental health and psychological support services to beneficiaries. The coordination office is in Maiduguri and there are 2 field offices in both Maiduguri City and Damboa and 1 liaison office in Abuja. The interventions cater for for IDPs and host populations who seek services in fixed PHC clinics directly run by MdM across 3 different project sites (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin). Also, MdM is supporting 2 state-run MoH health posts in 2 other locations of the State.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and in collaboration with the HQ health advisor, you are responsible for all M&E related program activities including data and information collection, analysis and sharing. You do some capacity building and provide technical M&E leadership for all program areas. You also design/update and ensure complaint response mechanism across the mission. You support technically the monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning (MEAL) teams at field level and you also work in relation with the HQ monitoring advisor.
Your main responsibilities are:
Technical support and formalization
- Provide methodological support to all program teams on technical questions
- Strengthen existing MEAL system
- Develop and maintaining monitoring tools
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues are well integrated into all MEAL tools
- Provide capacity building of MEAL and program teams
- Build on institutional knowledge on MEAL activities and missions’ results
- Ensure accountability to beneficiaries
- Develop standard operational procedures to support monitoring activities
- Introduce, pilot and institutionalize electronic data collection mechanism
Donors grants – participation
- Act as the technical referent at mission level in terms of donor compliance and grant management
- Contribute to donors reports and proposals
- Design and develop the grant plan of the mission
Accountability and learning
- Sensitize operational and technical teams on essential accountability and learning mechanisms
- Support project teams to collect and document good practices, lessons learned, and feedback
- Analyse data produced and propose reorientation regarding those analysis
Human resources and capacity building
- Take part in recruitment and evaluation of relevant staff and propose a training plan
- Work closely and providing continuous coaching and thorough hand-over to national collaborator counterparts with the aim to nationalize the position by the end of 2022
Reporting and coordination
- Manage appropriate coordination and communication within the line managed team and with other departments
- Maintain close functional links with the field coordinators and other mission level coordinators
- Contribute to internal and external reporting with regards to M&E aspects
- Liaise with external stakeholders for aspects related to quality and learning systems as per programme needs
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 2 587 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Degree or equivalent in MEAL, statistic, quality control or humanitarian project management
- Minimum 3 years experiences in MEAL management and/or project coordination
- Experience in the capacity building and training of staff
- Technical experience in mapping (GIS) is an asset
- Remote management skills
- Strong knowledge in the use of MS Office Package
- Languages: English is mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
CV + cover letter