FonctionsGestion de projets et programmes
Date de validité31/12/2022
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers. Activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to design, plan, implement, adapt and follow the mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities and to ensure the overall quality and relevance of MHPSS activities, practices and data.
You directly supervise a deputy MHPSS coordinator as well as consultant psychiatrists and you have a functional link with the MHPSS technical advisor based at the headquarters, while working in collaboration with the other coordinators and the different programme managers.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Monitoring, documentation and evaluation
- Develop and implement quality control mechanisms
- Develop and implement data collection tools, contribute to review and adapt them when needed
- Supervise data entry and ensure quality check
- Provide the team with technical support and guidance
- Support the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework
- Participate in the beneficiary satisfaction survey
- Conduct field assessments and mapping as well as monitoring sessions
- Collect feedback from teams and contribute to the analysis of the activities
- Propose and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics
Harmonization and development of MHPSS resources
- Participate in the review of the different resources, tools and brochures, adapt them if needed
- Develop and design standards, protocols and good practices, review and adapt them when needed
- Support the development of effective clinical policies, practices and tools when required
- Ensure continuous mapping of services as well as networking
Communication and advocacy
- Participate in the development of external and internal communication tools
- Take part in advocacy activities when necessary
- Participate in the dissemination of MdM’s approach, results and lessons learnt
- Participate in the definition of the sensitization strategy and the communication media to be used
Well-being of staff
- Ensure all staff receives appropriate and adequate MHPSS orientations
- Promote staff care policy, identify possible options for staff debriefing in collaboration with human resources
Human resources, capacity building, training
- Set up objectives for the team members, monitor their activities, manage the leave requests, provide technical support
- Participate in the identification of training needs, develop a comprehensive training plan
- Support the programme managers in the technical evaluation of their team members
- Design and/or review training curricula and ensure they are implemented
- Provide staff of partners and other NGOs with adequate MHPSS training
Reporting, coordination, representation
- Participate in the Protection working group and the central MHPSS task force meetings, contribute to coordination and common reporting efforts
- Participate in meetings with the national health authorities and other stakeholders when needed
- Contribute to monthly reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals and donor reports
- Lead on coordination with other actors to ensure safe patients referrals
- Represent MdM in any external meeting where MHPSS expertise is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: September 1, 2022
Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
Based in Beirut with regular visits in Tripoli and in Bekaa Valley
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Educational background in mental health and/or psychology
At least 5 years of experience in the field of mental health in the humanitarian sector
Experience in team management, training and supervision
Knowledge of public health issues, especially gender-based violence
Knowledge of project cycle management, international humanitarian funding system and donor requirements
Sense of organisation
Sense of inititiative, flexibility
Participation / contribution to a team
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.