FonctionsServices généraux et Logistique
Date de validité19/12/2021
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support.
In a context of the economical and social crisis in the country, the logistics department of the Lebanon mission has been facing significant challenges exacerbated by a high HR turnover. In response to the situation, the logistics department is being reorganized with the creation of a logistics manager position under the supervision of the support services coordinator. The logistics manager would supervise a procurement logistics supervisor and two to three officers.
The main goals for the logistics department of the Lebanon mission include: proper implementation of procedures, drugs importation, capacity building of the logistics teams, improvement of working conditions, and implementation of mitigation measures.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the support services coordinator, you have the responsibility to define, plan and implement all activities related to supply and technical logistics. You ensure the appropriate balance between resources and needs as well as compliance with standards, protocols and procedures.
You train, coach and advise the new logistics manager, while working in close collaboration with the coordination team.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Mentorship of the logistics manager
- Train and coach the logistics manager in the different aspects of the job, including staff management, planning and monitoring of activities, reporting, networking, procurement plan and tools, supply chain management, purchase processes, filing system, transport organisation, stock management, IT management, communication tools, and external representation
- Define together with the logistics manager the planning and monitoring of the logistics activities and suggest corrective action when necessary
- Advise and support the logistics manager in measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and/or incidents
- Define, adapt and implement the tools required to achieve the objectives in close collaboration with the logistics manager
- Support the logistics manager in acting as focal point for queries between the different department managers and the logistics department
- Ensure the good filling and follow-up of all logistics tools
- Ensure communication with the logistics referents
Support in the implementation and follow-up of procedures and tools
- Provide input on logistics matters for proposal and report writing
- Perform the role of technical adviser and support the logistics manager
- Provide support for the selection, installation, use and maintenance of all equipment needed by the mission
- Participate in any assessment when required
- Develop a coherent procurement strategy for the mission
- Oversee the set up, maintenance and update of a suppliers’ database
- Propose a mission transport organization
- Oversee the overall stock management process
- Conduct verification of the fixed assets and update their register on a quarterly basis
- Conduct an overview of IT and communication management
- Identify training needs and propose a capacity building plan for all staff of the logistics department
- Ensure briefings and debriefings of staff on logistical and technical aspects
- Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks
- Attend logistics or security-related external meetings when requested
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 4 months
- Starting date: October 15, 2021
- Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Monthly housing allowance
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Two years’ higher education qualification in purchasing, logistics, etc.
- Five years of professional experience (including at least one year in a logistics coordinator position in a humanitarian setting or two years as a logistician)
- Training and capacity building skills
- Experience with MdM procurement procedures, rules and regulations
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a team
- Plan, implement and lead the supply chain
- Create and develop a network of logistical actors
- Plan, adapt and budget for logistical activities
- Monitor and analyse an inventory
- Select appropriate technical equipment, set the frequency of maintenance and rules for use
- Languages: written and oral English mandatory
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.