FonctionsPlaidoyer et Recherches
Date de validité15/11/2021
The World Organisation for Animal Health is an intergovernmental organisation recognised by the World Trade Organization as a reference Organisation for intergovernmental standards concerning the sanitary safety of international trade of animals and products of animal origin and zoonoses. The OIE is in charge of improving animal health, veterinary public health and animal welfare worldwide, as well as transparency of the global animal disease situation.
Its headquarters are based in Paris, France. It comprises 182 Member Countries and is present on all continents through 13 regional offices.
Positioning and reporting
The Intern will report to and work under the guidance of the Head of the Head of the Legal Affairs Unit on a wide range of operational, programmatic and governance issues, as well as reviewing and drafting legal documentation.
Internship role and activities
In particular, depending on the duration of the internship, the Intern will work under the supervision of the Legal Advisor on all or some of the following tasks:
• Providing recommendations and legal support on data protection management
• Providing support in contractual matters (e.g. service agreements)
• Assists in the review of legal documents, instruments, or other material
• Assists in the preparation of draft background papers, studies, reports, etc.
• Performs legal research and benchmarking with the practice of other international organisations
• Assisting in the development or implementation of the OIE’s internal processes and policies (e.g. regarding confidentiality and transparency)
• Other duties involving legal issues as required by the Head of the Legal Unit
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Requirements
• Currently studying or recently graduated from a law school (Master’s level or above) providing a general legal tertiary education
• Ability to draft clear, legally correct documents or agreements in English
• Advanced knowledge of commercial and/or international organisations’ law
• Advanced legal research and benchmarking skills
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment
• Good command of French or Spanish would be an asset
• Knowledge of the two main legal systems of relevance to the Organisation (civil and common law) would be an advantage
• Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations (UN or non-UN system) would be an advantage
• Excellent communications skills
• Courtesy, tact and ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multinational and multicultural environment
• Precise and punctual work approach, attentive to details.
• ‘Can do’ attitude and ability to work within short deadlines
This is a full-time internship based in Paris, France. The OIE will provide a stipend in the amount of 659,10€ monthly for full time work. Duration: 6 months (starting in March or April 2022)
The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
If you are interested in this internship, please complete your application online by 30 November 2021 at the latest by clicking on the link below.