FonctionsResponsable zone géographique
Direction et administration
Date de validité23/02/2022
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking for a Head of Mission M/F based in Ramallah, Palestine.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) has been involved for many years in Palestine throughout project that improve hygiene, sanitations, children well being, Food / water access and security.
In 2020, SIF had set there focus on sustainable agricultural projects which contributed to the rehabilitation of 4.9km agricultural roads, and the installation of 21 greenhouses. There missions also involved new projetcs such as psychological follow-ups for children, orphans and widows and home rehabilitations.
You will be under the supervision of the DESK Manager, as part of the SIF Mission Team and you will be supervising the Human Resources, Finance Officers, Program Coordinator and Logistic Supervisor. You will be in charge of providing the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF operations in Palestine.
Your main responsibilities are the Following (evolving and non exhaustive list):
- Coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction.
- Ensure compliance of operations with local law including NGO law, tax, employment, Health & Safety, Insurance and any other applicable law.
- Supervise the planning and monitoring of project activities and outputs project log-frames, timeframes and budgets.
- Supervise donors grant opening, grant closing and monthly grant monitoring meetings with all departments, as well as activity, procurement and financial planning and reviews.
- Ensure that a safety and security framework for SIF operations is developed, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed.
- Oversee budget preparation, and analysis of actual expenditures vs. budget.
- Ensure adequate management of warehousing, compounds, transportation, goods in kind, and assets according to SIF procedures.
Expériences / Formation
- Master’s degree level in humanitarian studies or similar
- 5 Years minimum in humanitarian work, including experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGO’s in similar context.
- Substanciel experience of strategic thinking, including indentifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Written and spoken English.
- Full time
- Starting date: ASAP
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem / Guesthouse
- Health insurance (60% covered by SIF)
- Rapatriation insurance (100% covered by SIF)
- R&R to your homecountry covered by SIF after 6 months of mission
- Leaves every 3 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of “Do no harm” and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct.
SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart’s principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!