Date de validité29/12/2021
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in SYRIA
Our mission in Syria has been open since 2008. PUI develops its integrated approach with infrastructure, WASH, education and livelihoods actions. Furthermore, PUI works on rehabilitating collective and private shelters and infrastructure, on emergency and early recovery WASH interventions, on education support for conflict-affected populations, and on enhancing the self-reliance of Syria’s population through livelihoods . Today, the mission is implementing 6 projects
What about the Grants & MEAL Coordinator – Syria?
As Grants & MEAL Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing concept notes, proposals, reports, and other documents relevant to the programs, as well as for guiding the overall MEAL strategy and implementation or related activities within projects while providing timely and relevant information to stakeholders.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Award management: You will ensure the proper understanding, archiving, follow up, internal communication about mission signed awards, contracts and their amendments in close collaboration with program teams and HQ. You will also assist the DHoMP and Field Coordinators in the follow-up of program’s activities and contract implementation, and support technical coordinators and operations’ teams in the bases in the tracking, collection and compilation of information relative to program operational progress.
- Reporting management: You will ensure timely and qualitative production of all communication materials, internal and external reports, concept note, and proposals package including annexes. You will also support the MEAL unit in the collection and analysis of project’s data, and ensure the production of comprehensive documents and reports for internal (PMT or AFU) and external diffusion (ITT, reports, etc.). You will also have to develop and update SOPs for program development and reporting in coordination with the Deputy Head of Mission for Program and relevant Technical Coordinators.
- Donor & Fundraising strategy: You will coordinate and act as the focal point for the design and implementation of a donor & fundraising strategy including follows-up, and ensure an updated mapping of existent and potential local partners, donors, consortium opportunities.
- Communication: You will coordinate and act as the focal point for the design and implementation of a communication strategy, including definition of targets and expected outcome as well as the development of quality communication channels and products, internal communication with HQ and external communication (requests for interviews, visibility products, etc.).
- MEAL Strategy: You will lead the design and the roll-out of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance integrating cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, accountability, do-no-harm, community participation, disability, etc.).
- Training and technical support: You will provide a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of MEAL plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, terms of references of internal and external evaluations etc.
- Monitoring and evaluation: You will look over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by your department (studies, maps…).
- Accountability: You will make sure your department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers.
- Knowledge building: You will contribute to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
- Human Resources management: You will support training of program teams within your fields of expertise.
The challenges that await you :
- Define and set up the 2022-23 mission’s new donors strategy;
- Define the 2022-23 mission’s strategy and communication tools ;
- Ensure and monitor together with Programs quality/accuracy levels from projects proposals to achievments
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in a field related to Project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of a previous NGO experience managing MEAL teams. All the better if you have an experience in emergency response, in setting up a MEAL department and/or in health programs monitoring. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have some capacities for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data and a good knowledge in statistics and sampling methods. You also have capacities in MDC & related software/language (ODK, Kobo, PowerBI…). You demonstrate ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring, good written communication skills and a knowledge of project management. A prior knowledge of the country/region and/or an experience in donor requirements and expectations, particularly ECHO, UE, UN, and BHA (USAID) will be appreciated.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently, to take responsibility in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the teams and organization, and you show strong commitment to humanitarian principles. You show diplomacy and open-mindedness, resilience to stress and an ability to manage priorities and varied workloads. You have good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills and are able to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You also have an ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics.
- Languages: English has no secret for you? All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Syria mission is an emblematic one within PUI. This assignment will give you the opportunity to work in a context that was at center stage of global geopolitics these last 10 years. Today, Syria mission is reshaping its programs strategy and will rely on Grants/MEAL team to succeed on this new challenge. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.