Date de validité14/08/2021
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afganistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed site intervention via primary health centres or first aid centres, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of them linked.
What about the Grants manager ?
As Grants Manager, you will provide key support in the development of concept notes, proposals, reports, and other documents relevant to the programs. You will be mission focal point for all matter related to donor’s contract, compliance, guidelines and reports regularly to HQ Program Officer or HQ Grants Officer.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Award management : You will ensure the proper understanding, archiving, follow up, internal communication about mission signed award, contract and their amendment in close collaboration with program teams and HQ. You will also assist the DHoMP and Field Coordinators in the follow-up of program’s activities and contract implementation, and support technical coordinators and operations’ teams in the bases in the tracking, collection and compilation of information relative to program operational progress.
- Reporting Management : You will ensure the timely and qualitative production of all communication materials, internal and external reports, concept note, and proposals package including annexes. You will also support the MEAL unit in the collection and analysis of project’s data, ensure the production of comprehensive documents and reports for internal (PMT or AFU) and external diffusion (ITT, reports, etc.), develop and update SOPs for program development and reporting in coordination with the Deputy Head of Mission for Program and relevant Technical Coordinators.
- Donor & Fundraising strategy : You will coordinate and act as the focal point for the design and implementation of a donor & fundraising strategy, including Follows-up and ensure an updated mapping of existent and potential local partners, donors, consortium opportunities.
- Communication : You will coordinate and act as the focal point for the design and implementation of a communication strategy, including definition of targets and expected outcome as well as the development of quality communication channels and products, internal communication with HQ and external communication (requests for interviews, visibility products, etc.).
- Capacity building : You will supervise and aim at building the writing reporting and analysis capacities of the Grants Officer.
The challenges that await you :
- relatively complex programming (space for learning for the candidate)
- dynamically changing security context that requires adaptability
What will you need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree in project management, political sciences, international development, humanitarian studies, public administration, social science or any other relevant areas, or an equivalent professional experience.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role and/or areas of program development, project management, donor reporting or grant compliance for an international NGO. You also have an experience in creating communication products (articles, success stories, etc). All the better if you have a past work experience in conflict zones or security volatiles contexts, or a past work experience and/or knowledge of donor compliance requirements (ECHO, BHA, SIDA, GAC, WFP). You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You have strong writing skills, pay attention to details and to the quality of produced materials, and have strong planning and anticipation skills. You also master basic software tools, database management software, statistical packages and GIS.
- Qualities : You have a proven capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data, and an ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure. You are able to guarantee effective and timely outputs, and have strong presentation and communication skills for public presentations and communication materials. You have an ability to work on your own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team, and manage a varied workload. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization. You have a proven management ability and inter-personal skills, and a strong commitment to support and develop the capacity of the staff. You are able to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload, and have problem solving and leadership skills.
- Languages : You speak French and English, and have a strong command in writing and editing documents in English. If you speak another language, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Congratulations and welcome to the team. We all look forward to greet you in person and have you introduced to specificities of our Mission – what we do and who we are. Lots of good wishes for upcoming months and new assignment »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 – 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Work arrangements : -remote work management applies with regard to the coordination among the basis;
-work from abroad in Amman Office may apply depending on the context evolution, and other external and internal considerations
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.