FonctionsDons & Collecte
Gestion de projets et programmes
Date de validité27/10/2021
Grants and Reporting Officer
Krousar Thmey is the first Cambodian organization helping disadvantaged children, founded in 1991 in the Site II refugee camp in Thailand.
Krousar Thmey offers a portfolio of cross-cutting programs and projects supporting over 2,300 children in their development: Child Welfare, special and inclusive Education for Deaf or Blind Children, Cultural and Artistic Development, Academic and Career Counseling, as well as Health and Hygiene.
In the spirit of sustainable action, Krousar Thmey ensures that its support does not lead to any privilege, dependence or disparity in the community.
Apolitical and secular, the action of Krousar Thmey has been acknowledged internationally for its impact, capacity for innovation and sustainability.
Krousar Thmey’s main principle is the development of projects led by Cambodians for Cambodians. Only three European volunteers provide the organization with support in communication, grants management, and fundraising processes.
With funding from institutional donors, international organizations, foundations, or individual donors, Krousar Thmey’s grant portfolio is ever evolving.
The Grants and Reporting Officer will provide coordination and technical expertise to support the development, implementation and management of Krousar Thmey’s programs and grants, thus allowing the organization to create sustainable change.
Specifically, the Grants and Reporting Officer will contribute to overall grants and financial management, providing key support to the Program and Finance Managers in budgetary monitoring, financial reporting and oversight of project implementation. They will play a critical role in ensuring effective and accurate grant management.
In addition, the Grants and Reporting Officer will be responsible for coordinating, writing and submitting all donor reports and new proposals. They will act as a liaison between Krousar Thmey and its donors, ensuring that donor requirements are met at every stage of the project cycle and communicating these requirements to the program teams.
They will work in close collaboration with the Program and Finance Managers, as well as the Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication Officers. They will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Key roles and responsibilities
Grants and budget management
- Ensuring the efficient allocation of funding to different projects and programs.
- Contributing to the regular review and analysis of project activities expenses with Program, M&E and Finance departments, ensuring that expenses are spent in accordance with spending plans and with donor’s rules and regulations.
- Providing regular and timely updates on situation of funding and grants to relevant team members.
- Answering projects/programs managers’ budget queries.
- Working alongside Finance Manager to ensure accuracy of the financial reports.
- Coordinating amendments and cost extensions requests to donors, when needed.
- Working closely with Finance, Program, Communication and M&E departments to keep donor, grant and activity databases up to date.
Proposal development, donor reporting and compliance
- Responsible for the coordination, tracking and development of all donor reports – ensuring they are of a high quality and submitted on schedule.
- Writing funding proposals and grant applications, in collaboration with Krousar Thmey’s international entities and relevant team members.
- Liaising with Program Managers as well as with M&E and Finance departments to ensure that proposals and reports are coherent and relevant.
- Developing and keeping up to date report templates and toolkits.
- Conducting field visits to monitor activities and collect the information needed for proposals and reports.
- Writing and submitting program updates to donors as required.
- Providing answers upon request to donor questions and inquiries.
- Ensuring external accountability to donors through accurate and high quality reporting.
- Developing a thorough understanding of donor policies, regulations and procedures and inform team accordingly.
- Maintaining positive relationships with existing donors, and building new partnerships with local and international donors where possible, in collaboration with Krousar Thmey’s international entities and relevant team members.
- Coordinating visits from partners and donors, in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
- Perform other related tasks, as assigned by the Executive Director.
Expériences / Formation
Required qualifications and skills
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a relevant position, in the development or NGO sectors, including some experience abroad
- A Master’s degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Business studies or other relevant fields
- Significant experience managing grants and budgets of complex projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring, proposal writing and reporting processes
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well in a multicultural team, with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous and proactive, with a sense of initiative, adaptability and flexibility
- A previous experience in South-East Asia would be an asset
- Previous experience in the fields of child protection and/or education would be an asset
- The volunteer must adhere to Krousar Thmey’s values and mission
Contract and conditions
- Status: Volontariat de solidarité international (VSI)
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with occasional field visits to other provinces
- Starting date: December 2021, with a mandatory training in Paris from 2 to 5 November 2021 (or 6 to 7 December 2021 if significant experience). Subject to change, depending on the evolution of the ongoing pandemic.
- Duration of mission: 1 year, with a possibility of extension
- Allowance: USD 600 per month (USD 700 after 12 months)
- Other conditions and advantages: health insurance, repatriation and assistance; one return flight per year of mission; 24 days annual leave, Cambodian public holidays; free accommodation on site with the other volunteers; provision of vehicles; allowance for Khmer language courses
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application in English, including a CV and a cover letter, by email to Darong CHOUR at email@example.com
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Krousar Thmey’s Child Protection Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing date for application: 27 October 2021
Krousar Thmey is an equal opportunity employer and the candidate will be selected based on merit.
Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.