FonctionsGestion de projets et programmes
Date de validité08/12/2021
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France strategy in Palestine is constructed on two of MdM France’s thematic pillars worldwide: Conflict and Emergencies and Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) with MHPSS as a crosscutting theme to all activities and with a transversal advocacy component. MdM Palestine has one office in Gaza, one in the West Bank (Nablus) and a coordination office in East Jerusalem.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager based in HQ, you are responsible for the overall management of the MdM Palestine mission. You co-design the MdM overall strategy in the occupied Palestinian territory and provide leadership for the country program. You develop a fundraising strategy, ensure donors relations and launch and supervise new projects in 2021-2022.
You manage directly the coordination team (expatriates and national staffs): an administrative and logistics coordinator, a HR coordinator, a medical coordinator, an advocacy coordinator and two field coordinators (Gaza and Naplous offices). The mission counts about 60 staffs.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead the country strategy revision on a yearly basis
- Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of country programs
- Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with MdM strategy
- Support the field coordinators for the daily implementation of the projects
- Ensure good coordination between logistics, administrative (finance and human resources) and programme departments
- Contribute to explore, establish and maintain partnership relations and collaboration with local authorities
- Participate in advocacy strategy and supervise the implementation of the advocacy action plan
- Promote sustainability in MdM intervention and transfer to local partners
Management and human resources
- Organize and lead regular coordination meetings
- Ensure that the mission organigram and allocation of human resources is matching with the mission needs
- Ensure consistency with Palestine labour laws in all HR issues and in accordance with MdM rules and guidelines
Safety and security
- Be responsible for the overall safety and security of MdM teams, sites and assets
- Conduct regular analysis of the context and security conditions
- Ensure the implementation of security rules and procedures
Administrative, finance and logistics
- Guarantee transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditures
- Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
- Supervise the process of renewing the MoU with the government
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations
- Ensure that appropriate logistics procedures are maintained
Reporting and communication
- Lead preparation of reports and proposals for donors, make sure that they are written in line with donor requirements
- Ensure regular reporting and updates to HQ
- Ensure implementation of the communication and testimony policy
Representation, fundraising and networking
- Develop a fundraising strategy and explore funding opportunities in country and networking with donors
- Represent MdM to local authorities, international donors, international organisations, consulats and other NGOs and with Palestinian authorities at a policy and decision-making level
- Carry out negotiations with the authorities at different levels and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with agreements and contracts
- Ensure good coordination with other MdM chapters present in Palestine
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee
- Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 12 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary 3 429 euros
- Based in Jerusalem with travels to West Bank and Gaza
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Housing allowance
- Tuition/Schooling allowance (from 6 years old)
- Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed and half per diem per child
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Higher education in project management, development or any relevant field
- Previous experience in a similar position
- 3 to 8 years’ experience in project management depending on the configuration
- Experience in public health programs
- Experience of working in the Middle East
- Languages : fluent in English, French or Arabic are an assets
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
CV + Cover letter