Date de validité25/12/2022
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. The position is a 60% part-time employment and home-based with readiness for deployment within 48 hours.
You will be part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) surge team, which is managed by WHH Humanitarian Directorate. WHH’s ERT is comprised of nine humanitarian experts who are home-based but are globally deployable for a period of up to three months to reinforce WHH country offices when in-country resources are insufficient to tackle an anticipated or ongoing crisis, or when WHH launches a response in a country or area with no operational presence.
Depending on your expertise and experience regarding one or more of the following competency fields, namely Food Security, or Nutrition, or WASH, you will be responsible for bringing immediate relief to people affected by crisis and supporting the progression of their recovery process. You will also contribute to the on-going strengthening of our country offices and our partners by providing technical advice in one of the following sectors: food security, nutrition, WASH, all with strong linkages to Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) in early action, preparedness, and response phases, thus contributing to a quicker, more effective response with a larger impact. Additionally, contributions to and support of the conceptual and strategic development of WHH and especially the Humanitarian Directorate will also constitute a part of your job.
- Planning, management and implementation of projects in emergency response on the basis of content, time and financial framework
- Supporting, developing and implementing emergency relief measures both within and outside WHH project countries along the entire project cycle (needs assessment, project development and implementation, procurement if necessary)
- If required, assume the role of Emergency Response Coordinator with associated responsibility for program planning and implementation
- Recruitment of local experts for emergency response activities
- Identify co-funding opportunities and support and coordinate, as needed, the development of timely project proposals in accordance with donor guidelines
- Provide technical input and elaboration of relevant guidelines and minimum requirements in the sectors food security, nutrition and/or WASH in collaboration with our sector advisors
- Supporting the conceptual development of the humanitarian assistance sector in accordance with defined work priorities as well as capacity building on fields of work relevant to emergency response in WHH program countries
- Further/new development of approaches to strengthen response preparedness of WHH and its partners, including Emergency Preparedness & Response Planning (EPReP) and related trainings
- Introduce and implement international (CHS, Sphere, etc.) and WHH standards in emergency response planning and implementation, including greening and sustainability standards in humanitarian assistance
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field
- At least five years of professional experience in emergency relief cooperation in the fields of food security, nutrition and/or WASH
- Preferably experience in implementing emergency response through CVA
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams under difficult conditions and with tight deadlines
- Proven successes in relationship building and funding acquisition regarding institutional donors
- In-depth knowledge of international and national humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Willingness to be on call in the event of an acute disaster (leaving within 48 hours of being alerted) as well as ensuring readiness for deployments of up to 3 months to support projects already underway at home and abroad
- Willingness to work in situations with high security risks, very heavy workload and under extreme living and working conditions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Proficiency in English and preferably French both written and spoken; German and/or other language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under « Our benefits ».
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 25, 2022, by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.