We are looking for our delegation in Iraq for a
Emergency Response Manager
Location and working conditions: Anbar – Iraq
Start date of post: As soon as possible
Duration : 6 months
Swiss salaried contract 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 6 months
End of June 2016, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mossul Corridor. Tdh is currently operating in Tikrit, Baiji and Tooz districts. Tdh is also operating in Kirkuk governorate via Cash grant and Child protection assistance.
More information in our webside : https://www.tdh.ch/fr/nos-interventions/irak
The Emergency Response Manager manages and supervises the projects being implemented in his/her capacity as representative of the Tdh Emergency Team. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the project teams (Child Protection, Education, CCCM and Distributions). S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards.
The Emergency Response Manager is assisting and working under the supervision of the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator and the Child Protection Coordinator in Iraq. He/She is in charge of the direct implementation and supervision of the Emergency Projects in new and continued emergency areas in Iraq (Anbar).
He/she will be supported by a Tdh Emergency Field Coordinator, a Senior Assessment Officer, a Logistician, Admin, a database officer, with the aim of supervising and reinforcing the child protection, CCCM, team and the community capacities, through a progressive delegation of responsibilities.
S/he works in complete line with the CP project strategy defined for the emergency intervention.
S/he works in close coordination with the governmental and non-governmental agencies, with the cluster system, to develop, monitor and orientate each emergency project.
Fonction details :
Line Management & Human Resources Management
- Daily supervision of emergency team members in the emergency areas;
- Participates in recruitment and revision of job descriptions;
- Ensures the team has a clear understanding of the Tdh emergency mandate and project in hard to reach and newly accessible areas;
- Lead and manage staff, encouraging effective team work and providing supervision and guidance, including regular and constructive feedback;
- Reports incidents and difficulties encountered with any staff members to the Country Representative;
- Organises, leads and participates in weekly team meetings and provides weekly program update and movement plan to logistics;
- Manages the coordination with administration and logistics.
- Develop, implement and monitors the emergency project in emergency areas, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets;
- Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated;
- Conduct initial and regular assessments of each project and activities’ impact including but not limited to RASP, RNA, KAP, PDM;
- Manages the emergency team budget with supervision from the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator;
- Manages the budget forecast and follows up on expenditures related to the emergency project on a monthly basis with admin, supervised by the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator;
- Prepares timely purchase requests in line with each project needs;
- Supports required actions by the administration related to team management and supervision;
- Identifies logistic and admin support needs related to the project in the emergency areas and communicates these to the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator and relevant log/admin support person.
- Knowledge of assessment tools specific to each sector including but not limited to:
- Child Protection: CPiMS, RNA, RPA
- CCCM: RNA, RASP
- Distributions: RNA, PDM
- Education: RNA
- Experience in PSS and case management;
- Capacity to establish a referral pathway for severe cases.
Project Strategy and planning
- In collaboration with the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator, participates in designing strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision;
- Participates in all assessments;
- Plan the various stages of NFI distributions and project specifics related to each sector;
- Guide the implementation of the project and the methods of follow-up; Liaise with all internal and external counterparts of the project;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Participates in the review of the strategy for Tdh in Iraq if requested.
- Designs and oversees the implementation of the database tools;
- Ensures correct data protection procedures and filing.
- Ensure up to date training and information provided to the emergency team;
- Coordinates the capacity building support to the emergency team, relevant local authorities, and community workers in emergency areas and community groups, as required by each project;
- Provide technical support to team members as needed.
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator;
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardised activities;
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with available government structures, non-government actors, cluster system and community representatives in emergency areas and neighbouring locations;
- Coordinate with other departments (programme and support) as necessary.
- Represents Tdh in meetings held at community and location level;
- Develops a network to facilitate the project acceptance and stake holder’s contribution and ownership;
- The mergency manager is expected to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organisation, notably through the application of Tdh’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
Reporting and quality control
- Participates in weekly coordination meetings with the Emergency Field Coordinator and the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator;
- Provides compiled meeting minutes reports to the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator, including movement plans;
- Ensures a bi-monthly data analysis reports are submitted;
- Ensures weekly updates of each project are handed over to the Country Emergency Programme Coordinator;
- Participates in the Sitrep Monthly reporting;
- Before taking leave or on completion of the assignment, submits handover notes.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations;
- Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to the Country representative;
- Informs emergency staff in emergency areas on security rules defined by the Country Program.
Child Safeguarding Policy
- Commit to respect the Child Safeguarding Policy. Signs the Code of Conduct;
- Report serious cases of abuse on children identified by the emergency team to the Country representative. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Country representative and that are compatible with the job;
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality – inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or similar Humanities Degree
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory level working in experience related to
- Protection/Child Protection/CCCM/Education or Distribution Project Management with INGOs
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, Arabic and French are an advantage
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Previous experience and knowledge working with the Cluster System
- Quality Team Management and Team Leader Skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience opening projects and running bases is a must
- Management capacity and excellent interpersonal communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills
- The ability to travel to and work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team
- The ability to build relations with communities
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
- Prior knowledge of the region and the political context is a benefit
Please apply on our website:
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.