- Support of the Desk Officers, Country Directors and Field Finance Officers in developing budgets, ensuring financial follow up and reporting of the HA projects
- Development of a specific controlling as well as internal audit for our Humanitarian Aid Department in collaboration with the Head of HA and the Head of International Controlling
- Support in financial and controlling tasks for the Head of HA and the HA Desk Officers
- Carrying out periodic audits at the HEKS/EPER HA offices abroad an at HEKS/EPER partner organisations, including specific forensic audits as required
- Cooperation with our local external auditors
- Rapid Response Team member in case of any disaster to set up the admin/finance tools
- Training of financial officers in our country offices and of partner organisations
- Collaboration in the optimization and further development of finance processes in the field
- Further development of controlling instruments for HA in collaboration with the Head of International Controlling
- Development of specific HA guidelines and integration into the existing Field Financial and Administration Guidelines (FFAG)
- Financial focal point for major donors of HA projects
- Assistance with compliance issues regarding HA
Expériences / Formation
- Higher degree or diploma in Controlling/Finance (University of Applied Sciences)
- Minimum five years’ experience in an international relief agency as finance/controlling coordinator of which at least 2 years in the field
- Thorough knowledge of the humanitarian sector and relevant standards
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of institutional donors (ECHO, USAID, etc.) and.with multi-donor contracts
- Proven ability to work in intercultural teams
- Ability to work in insecure settings and under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and with teams, excellent facilitation skills, sensitivity for gender & social equity and local culture
- Willingness to travel abroad (about 30%) and flexibility of short term travelling in case of a disaster
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills, intermediate German knowledge; Spanish would be an asset
- Valid work permit for Switzerland
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- A dedicated and multi-disciplinary team
- Duty station Zurich with frequent travels to Lausanne
- A competitive salary package
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents latest by September 25th, 2020. Only online applications will be considered.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Nathalie Praz, Head of Humanitarian Aid, is at your disposal for further information: +41 44 360 88 94.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.