MAGNA is looking for a Admin/Fin Coordinator (AFC). AFC is responsible for the overall management of financial, accounting, budgetary, administrative, HR and legal aspects of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MAGNA’s and donors’ guidelines. The Admin/Fin Coordinator works in close collaboration with the technical advisers at the headquarters.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Location: Based in Juba or Kinshasa, covering operations in South Sudan and DR Congo
Reports to: Operational Manager and Finance Manager
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
To setup and operate SAGA accounting system for MAGNA missions in South Sudan and DR Congo
- Prepare the monthly treasury sheet for each used currency.
- Prepare and ensure the timely submission of forecast of expenditures.
- Conduct a daily management of cash boxes, maintain an updated cashbook for each petty cash box, record immediately every single transaction IN/OUT of the cashbox in the cashbook, ensure the cashbooks balance reflect at any time the actual amount of cash kept in the cash boxes.
- Payment of salaries, incentives and per diems
- Monitor cash flow on a daily basis, forecasting cash flow based on the work plan by the program, making sure that all parts of the organization have enough cash to pay for their activities and advising the management on investing any cash reserves
- Payment and close follow-up of utility bills and other recurrent expenses, maintain basic tables (contract follow-up, rents and insurances, subscriptions, service contracts, etc.
- Responsible for quality of vouchers: ensure they are in strict compliance with MAGNA standards and Finance guideline.
- Ensure that the funds are available in the base to accommodate project needs and settle obligations.
- Coordinate request for unresolved fund issues.
Accountancy and finance management:
- Receive validated forecasts of expenditures for the month.
- Responsible for the cash payments and reporting into MAGNA accounting software SAGA.
- Responsible for the good documentation, cash control, and the correct used of accounting codes.
- Responsible for budget follow up and the correct used of all the donor codes.
- Responsible for filling all financial documentation for cash and expense management for the duty station.
- Assist in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
- Responsible for elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
- Ensures that MAGNA procedures on finances and accounting are properly followed.
Follow up monthly expenditures of the duty station in coordination with the Field
- Coordinator and Financial Manager at HQ.
- Provide financial reports and forecasts.
- Follow up of all expenditures in coordination with the Field Project Coordinator.
- Ensure all payments, purchasing as well as validation and control of receipts to suppliers are complying with MAGNA financial guideline, Prepare request for payments by cheque / bank transfer, for the Field Project Coordinator.
- To visit field project sites to check and to verify expenditures and support them in their capacity building /strengthening.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for all the bank accounts and present them to
- Field Project Coordinator for approval.
- Preparation of support documents e.g. time sheets, contracts, vouchers then preparing the financial reports in liaison with field offices and ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Carry any other duties as may be directed by the Field Project Coordinator and HQ management.
- To perform any other work-related duties as required.
HR management in the base and sub-base
- Prepare employment contracts, end of contracts; arrange insurance for all staff.
- Supervise staff attendance/ maintain leave record and balances for all staff.
- Prepare payrolls.
- Manage any HR request.
- Participates to qualitative appraisal and development planning processes.
- Participates in the organization of training sessions and registration processes.
- Supports a proper and fair dismissal process.
- Assures documentation supporting qualitative end of contract process respecting legal requirements.
- Assist in the supervision of all movements of personnel from/to mission/project/home and all related formalities (briefing, visa, accommodation, trial period, extension of mission, early return, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between the MAGNA’s Lebanon employees and the MAGNA management.
- Coordinate needs of the base and sub-base for additional personnel, facilitate and document recruitment and hiring.
- Process and forward original information of the hired candidate for centralized personnel files in Lebanon.
- Follow up the administrative information concerning the international experts posted in the duty station.
- To advice MAGNA management on HR policies in accordance with law and general practices.
- To perform any other work-related duties as required.
Regarding to the position of MAGNA in the country, establish all formalities could be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed.
Prepares the various contracts and follow-up the existence letters of MAGNA responsibility
Checks on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts
Communication and reporting
Writes a monthly admin report
Participates to the weekly team meeting
Capitalisation and Filing
Sets up or reinforces the archiving procedures and ensure a proper filing process
|Documents à envoyer|
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “AFC DRC/SSD”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Only European candidates are eligible for the post opening. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.