The Zayed Sustainability Prize is a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – a visionary champion of environmental stewardship and global sustainability. This annual award celebrates achievements that are driving impact, innovation and inspiration across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools. Submit your entry today and join a growing community of innovators who are expanding the possibilities for a sustainable future.
In April 2018, the Prize adapted its focus with a view to affecting greater impact across multiple sustainability sectors. In order to reflect this evolution, it was renamed the Zayed Sustainability Prize. The Prize is divided into five distinct award categories; they are: Health, Food, Energy, Water, and Global High Schools.
The Prize fund is distributed among the categories as per the following breakdown:
- Health – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Food – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Energy – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Water – US$ 600,000 (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Global High Schools – US$ 600,000 – Total value (Six hundred thousand dollars)
- Divided amongst 6 Global High Schools in 6 different regions, awarding each up to US$100,000 (One hundred thousand dollars)
- The Americas
- Europe & Central Asia
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- East Asia & Pacific
- South Asia
For more information, please visit the website.