The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund is thrilled to announce its latest call for proposals in the Philippines to strengthen women’s participation in advocating for and ensuring accountability on the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda and to enhance women’s meaningful participation in conflict prevention.
WPHF seeks to fund qualifying local organizations and projects led by and working alongside women and girls in the Philippines that are high impact, innovative and contribute directly to the following objectives :
- Increasing women’s participation in advocating for and ensuring accountability on the WPS agenda
- Enhancing women’s decision making in conflict prevention processes and response
This Call for Proposals makes available financing for local civil society organizations in the Philippines through two funding streams :
- Funding Stream 1: Institutional funding from 2,500 USD to 30,000 USD
To provide institutional financing to local civil society organizations working on peace processes and/or peace agreements, aiming to reinforce their organizations’ institutional capacity.
- Funding Stream 2: Programmatic funding from 30,000 USD to 200,000 USD
To finance programmatic activities by civil society organizations that contribute to the role of CSOs in advocating for and ensuring accountability on WPS commitments or meaningful participation of women in conflict prevention processes and response.
Under the programmatic funding stream 2, applicants should select one of the following two thematic areas and clearly highlight to which thematic area they are applying :
- Thematic area 1 :Enhanced role of civil society organizations in advocating for and ensuring accountability on WPS commitments (aligned with WPHF Impact Area 1: enabling environment for WPS)
- Thematic area 2 : Increased meaningful participation and decision-making of women in conflict prevention processes and response (aligned with WPHF Impact Area 2: conflict Prevention).
Closing date : 22 October 2021
Funding Stream 1 : 2,500 USD to 30,000 USD
Funding Stream 2 : 30,000 USD to 200,000 USD