The United States Agency for International Development in Sri Lanka (USAID/Sri Lanka) is seeking applications from qualified U.S., International, and local organizations to fund an activity entitled “Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity for Sri Lanka”.
This is a three-year activity designed to ensure that Sri Lanka has a vibrant civil society which empowers citizen participation to advance democratic values and government accountability around a range of governance and reform issues. The activity will build upon civil society engagement for good governance and accountability and will complement other U.S. Government (USG) and USAID programming that supports democratic governance.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) activity seeks to advance civil society advocacy and oversight in Sri Lanka.
The purpose of the Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity is to ensure that Sri Lanka has a vibrant civil society which empowers citizens to advance democratic values of citizen participation and government accountability on a range of governance and reform issues. This will be achieved through the following sub-purposes:
- Support civil society advocacy to advance good governance reforms;
- Improve the enabling environment for civil society; and
- Strengthen the organizational capacity and sustainability of civil society organizations.
- USAID intends to provide $8,000,000 in total USAID funding over a three (3) year period.
- The ceiling for this program is $8,000,000.
- Qualified U.S. and non-U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), U.S. Private Voluntary Organizations (PVOs), and U.S. and non-U.S. for profit firms (provided they forgo profit) may participate in this funding opportunity.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID. Applicants are encouraged to utilize local expertise and local institutions whenever possible in implementing the program
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit full applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.