The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship Activity.
The purpose of the Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship Activity is to equip youth who are in grades 8 -11 with the necessary skills as they prepare to enter Uzbekistan’s economy as skilled employees or entrepreneurs.
In order to achieve the Activity’s purpose, the Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship Activity will focus on achievement of the following intermediate results :
- Improved quality of school-based economics and entrepreneurship programs :
- Improved quality and relevance of school-based curricula, teaching and learning materials and assessments
- Improved effectiveness of teaching instruction in classrooms
- Improved quality of afterschool entrepreneurship, soft skills and work readiness programs :
- Materials that facilitate active engagement and practical experience developed
- Enhanced teaching capacity of after school mentors
- Increased opportunity for mentorship and job shadowing
- Strengthened enabling environment to support and engage youth :
- Enhanced parental and community support of girls and youth with disabilities participation in entrepreneurship and the workforce
- Institutional capacity of the Ministry of Public Educationto deliver effective entrepreneurship and work readiness programs strengthened
- Improved coordination between Ministry and Public Education and private sector entities
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. Qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations may participate under this NOFO.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
Closing date : August 23, 2021, 10 AM, Almaty Time
Funding : $10,000,000 in total