The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Uganda (USAID/Uganda) is seeking applications from qualified entities to implement the USAID/Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity.
The purpose of the activity is to strengthen government performance in implementing strategies to improve MCHN outcomes. Achievement of the purpose will be measured by the percentage of USG supported districts reporting improved MCHN outcomes; and accomplished in collaboration with USG supported IPs operating at the subnational level.
The activity supports two results:
- MCHN service delivery improved: This result will support Government of Uganda (GoU) efforts to cascade, from the national level to the subnational level, the policies, guidelines, standards and implementation strategies (henceforth referred to collectively as “strategies”) that promote improved MCHN service delivery. Specifically, the activity will:
- Strengthen national government’s capacity to develop and roll out high quality strategies to improve MCHN service delivery;
- Support other USAID/Uganda efforts to help subnational governments adopt and scale-up national-level strategies to improve MCHN service delivery in Uganda’s Eastern, East Central, Southwestern, and two Northern regions (Acholi and Lango).
- Strengthen national-subnational linkages, and subnational capacity, to deliver improved MCHN services in Kampala, creating a national model for urban service delivery.
- Capacity for MCHN good governance increased: This result will be achieved by further strengthening GoU capacity for the multi-sectoral cooperation, evidence-based decision-making, and good governance leadership required to achieve and sustain improvements in MCHN outcomes envisaged in Result 1 above.
Award information :
Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide $17.5 million in total USAID funding for the award.
Eligible applicants :
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. In response to this NFO, any U.S. or non-U.S. organization, non-profit, or for-profit entity is eligible to apply.
- USAID/Uganda encourages applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID. USAID assistance instruments do not require prior USAID experience.