CCBO seeks to support effective, locally-led solutions and approaches in Vietnam for reduction, reuse, and recycling (3R) practices and solid waste management (SWM) that combat marine debris.To be effective, 3R/SWM solutions must be grounded in local contexts and systems and must be implemented in close collaboration with national and local government to build a long-term enabling environment that amplifies impact and ensures sustainability beyond the life of the CCBO program.
Geographic Focus of Activities:
CCBO plans to establish up to four pilot sites in Vietnam in its first year, as well as engage at the national level through targeted grants and technical assistance. Activities, learnings, and successful interventions in pilot sites may be scaled to additional sites in subsequent years.
- Phu Quoc is the largest island in Vietnam, with a population of just over one hundred thousand and a burgeoning tourist sector.
- Da Nangis a coastal city that produces over 1,000 tons of waste/day. Costs of waste include collection, transportation, labor, treatment, and disposal, which the city is keen to reduce while improving its SWM practices and infrastructure
- Bien Hoa is located twenty miles northeast of Ho Chi Minh City on the left bank of the Dong Nai River, near the Mekong River Delta.
- Hue City, located on the Central Coast of Vietnam, carries historical significance and remains a popular area for tourism.
Eligible applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Be legally registered to operate in Vietnam;
- Be in good standing with all civil and fiscal authorities in Vietnam;
- Be willing to sign applicable assurances and certifications if invited to submit a Full Application; and
- Be willing to register with a DUNS number if invited to submit a Full Application
Date limite dé dépôt de candidatures : 6pm Indochina Time Zoneon the following dates:June 5, August 28, November 27,2020;February 26, April 30, 2021