UNDP’s Strengthening Local Capacities for Resilience and Recovery (SLCRR) Project, implemented within the EU-funded programme “Recovery, Stability and Socio-economic Development in Libya” (RSSD), aims at enhancing provision of basic services at local level and increasing access for most vulnerable groups from host communities – including Internally Displaced Populations (IDPs) and returnees – as well as migrants and refugees.
The project has two specific objectives :
- Strengthening the capacities of municipalities in providing basic and social services, in particular in municipalities most affected by migratory flows, for resilient local service delivery;
- Improving access to quality basic and social services, in particular to the most vulnerable people living in the selected locations (including migrants, refugees, IDPs, returnees and host communities, especially women and girls).
Against this background, UNDP’s SLCRR project is looking for NGOs/CSOs to implement local initiatives that propose concrete solutions to building peace, harmonization of societies through inclusion and empowerment of women, youth, persons with disabilities, IDPs, refugees and migrants via an inclusive social cohesion approach within the municipalities of : Kufra, Bayda, Maya , Mamoura, Ghat, Zanzour, Zintan, Garabulli, Khoms, Emsaed, Brak Ashati, Zawia West, Zawia South, Benghazi, Ajdabiya, Qatroun, Shwiref, Sabratha, Sabha and Murzuq.
Expected Outputs :
Output 1 : 20 Libyan NGOs’/CSOs’ capacities are strengthened to conceptualize, design, manage, monitor and evaluate projects that strengthen social cohesion, build peace and promote equality at the municipality level.
Output 2 : 20 Libyan NGOs/CSOs are provided with low value grants to implement projects that strengthen social cohesion, build peace and promote equality at the municipality level.
The grants will be offered to NGOs registered in Libya and operating in targeted municipalities. The small grants will be offered on a competitive basis and undergo review and approval of the UNDP Selection Committee.
The project proposals should focus on the following areas or related to :
- Area 1 : Strengthen social cohesion and peacebuilding in the target municipalities.
- Area 2 : Support community resilience through the rehabilitation and restoration of public owned spaces used by women, youth, persons with disabilities and vulnerable groups of IDPs and migrants to mitigate the direct impacts of conflict.
- Area 3 : Support the advocacy and promotion of civic participation, gender equality, focusing on needs and rights of at-risk vulnerable groups, including IDPs, migrants, refugees, women, youth and persons with disabilities.
Beneficiaries/target groups :
Local communities reflecting all diverse groups including migrants, IDPs, youth, women and refugees and people with disabilities.
Application Deadline : 21 September, 2021
Grant amount : 67,650.00 LYD