UN Women is looking for partnerships with NGO(s) to support Governmental Partners and CSOs in their efforts to implement the Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE), Women in Political Participation (WPP) and Women Peace and Security (WPS) agenda.
The objective falls under the following Impact Areas/SP Outcomes and Output Clusters :
- Women lead, participate in and benefit equally from governance systems
- Women and girls contribute and have greater influence in building sustainable peace and resilience and benefit equally from the prevention of natural disasters and conflicts and from humanitarian action.
In Iraq :
- Enhanced government accountability, capacity, and will to promote women’s leadership and implementation of international commitments on gender equality and women’s rights
- Women Machineries have increased capacity to promote women’s leadership and participation in decision making
In Yemen :
- Yemeni women and Youth participate in and influence the peace and security processes in Yemen
- Better Strategic engagement and coordination with actors from tracks I and II to facilitate women’s participation in peace processes
- Organize Capacity building trainings to enhance women’s machineries, CSOs, women leaders, women in politics and justice sector’s capacities to implement their work on GEWE, WPP and WPS.
- Organize Meetings, consultative meetings, and events with CSOs, women leaders and women in politics to implement their work on GEWE, WPP and WPS.
- Organize advocacy and awareness raising campaigns for the commemoration of GEWE, WEE, WPP and WPS.
- Develop Knowledge products related to women participation in politics and WPS, including design, printing, dissemination, and audio video production (if needed)
- UN-Women is soliciting proposals from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). Women’s organizations or entities are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date : 05:00 PM AST (Iraq local time) on 5th August 2021.
Funding : Min. $ 200,000– Max. 230,000 $