UN Women is soliciting proposals from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for community mobilization on gender equality and prevention of violence against women and girls in Tajikistan.
The activity relies on :
- CSOs/ Women’s Rights Organizations / groups to build trust, mobilise communities
- utilising participatory approaches in community engagement to better enable women and men to provide their feedback and fully participate in the project processes;
- promoting innovative solutions to heavy and unequal care work through simple, low-cost and practical women-lead initiatives;
- using positive and community-oriented channels to initiate dialogue on gender relations, such as community discussion on gender roles, promotion of women’s leadership, “non-traditional for women” professions and male engagement;
- advocacy to local and national stakeholders to increase access to mechanisms, services and infrastructure.
Potential solutions identified by project participants for reducing the difficulty of care work and for prevention of violence and elimination of harmful practices will contribute to Village Development Planning, providing a double incentive to invest in community-based village development planning as useful, and reduction of care work, as an achievable objective.
Scope of work :
Under direct supervision of UN Women Programme Coordinator, the selected CSO – RP is expected to fulfill the assignment with the view of promoting favorable social norms, attitudes and behaviors at community and individual level to prevent VAWG and harmful practices.
The key tasks of this Terms of Reference are focusing on the following key areas :
1. Conduct the Ethnographic review of harmful social norms and identify possible local CSOs and ‘new’ social norm holders (positive deviants and influencers of community Core Group) in order to create awareness of the community and individuals about the illegality of violence and harmful practices.
Engaging grassroots activists will diminish the risk of community resistance to openly reflect on norms, attitudes and behaviors sustaining VAWG.
2. Roll-out of gender-transformative experiential Gender Action Learning Systems (i. e. GALS) in 2 selected districts (14 Jamoats)
3. Support financially and technically implementation of grassroot activities/actions on recognition and redistribution of unpaid care work, with engagement in the planning process of ‘new’ social norm holders (community Core Group), at least 7 initiatives per district (14 in total as a minimum).
4. Support financially and technically implementation of grassroot activities/actions on recognition and elimination of VAWG, with engagement in the planning process of ‘new’ social norm holders (community Core Group), similarly like in item 3- at least 7 initiatives per district (14 in total as a minimum).
5. Organize a Conference in Dushanbe to share lessons and pilot models.
6. Host Public Thematic Fairs on the rights of abandoned women and children, including those with disabilities and abandoned wives.
7. Deliver capacity-building and support the networking of women activists representing different vulnerable groups (left behind) to voice their needs and priorities and to contribute meaningfully to local development planning and processes.
Submission Deadline : 03 Novembrer 2021