The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced this Notice of Funding Opportunity for its Public Diplomacy small grantsprogram.
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian peoples.
PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that:
- Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurial initiatives, STEM education, women’s empowerment, and cultural exchange;
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curricular development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $400,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Domestic Nigerian non-governmental organizations (NGO) and international NGOs having the required 501(c)(3) status.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit the website.