The High Commission of Canada in Malaysiais pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
Program Description :
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries that align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also supports positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
Thematic Priorities :
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition.
Eligible recipients include:
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations
- Local academic institutions working on local projects
- International non-governmental organizations working on local development activities
- Intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities
The majority of CFLI funding is directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI.
Closing date : May 9, 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+8)
Funding : $10,000 to $30,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD $100,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI)