The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners.
The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
Organizations eligible to apply for CFLI funding :
Eligible recipients include:
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- Local academic institutions working on local projects,
- International non-governmental organizations working on local development activities,
- Intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI.
Thematic priorities :
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity and LGBTQ2, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Closing date : May 14th 2022 at 23:59 (GMT+3).
Funding : CAD$30,000 – CAD$50,000