Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is one of the six publicly funded political foundations in the Federal Republic of Germany, tasked primarily with conducting civic education both in Germany and worldwide. The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung is affiliated with Die Linke (“The Left”), the German democratic socialist party.
RLS stands in the tradition of the workers’ and women’s movements, as well as anti-fascism and anti-racism. It promotes a critical analysis of society and aim to organize political education and disseminate information on the social and economic relations governing our globalized, unjust and hostile world.
It strives to develop alternative concepts and approaches for a comprehensive process of social transformation enabling the creation of a more united and just society. In Germany, RLS fosters networks of emancipatory political, social and cultural initiatives. Internationally, it participates in cooperative development projects and advocates for dialogue between the Global North and South conducted on equal footing.
Education and training in democratic socialist politics, analysis, information, and policy advice are the foundation’s basic tasks, which it pursues and implements at the regional, national, and international levels.
About the Israel office of the RLS
Taking as its vantage point the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s self-conception as presented above, the Israel office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung pursues three lines of work:
- Cooperation with and support of progressive local actors who fight for a just, equal and non-violent society;
- Connecting progressive actors and their struggles to their counterparts in Germany, Europe and the rest of the world, as part of promoting solidarity-based internationalism;
- Producing and disseminating information and analyses as well as enabling of critical safer spaces for exchange, in order to strengthen the voices of progressive Israeli abroad and vice versa.
RLS Objectives 2024-2026
In 2024, the Israel Office of the RLS will start a new three-year program cycle. The main objectives for this program cycle are:
- Support of relevant actors in Israel in their efforts to integrate new and/or adapted narratives and strategies against right-wing hegemony and authoritarianism into their working fields and activities.
- Support of marginalized communities in their manifold struggles for a just, egalitarian and democratic societiy.
- Support of relevant actors in their ability to challenge the militaristic culture and promote non-violent alternatives in public discourse
Call for Project applications
RLS is inviting Israeli civil society organizations and activists that are working in the fields listed above to express their interest in cooperating with RLS by sending a project application.
Closing date : 1 September 2023
Funding : up to €15,000