The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Republic of South Africa announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for pilot projects to be implemented on the territories of the Republic of Namibia and the Republic of Angola with grants through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2022.
Priority Areas for Project Implementation on the territories of Namibia and Angola :
- Providing inclusive and high-quality education;
- Assistance in addressing the health, economic and social consequences of the COVID 19 pandemic;
- Promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Objectives and Scope of the Projects:
- Provision of access to modern, quality and inclusive education;
- Tackling the health, economic and social consequences of the COVID 19 pandemic;
- Ensuring equal participation of women and young girls in the economic, social and cultural life;
- Reaffirmation of Bulgaria’s reputation and positive image as international donor.
- University and adolescent students, researchers and lecturers at different educational institutions;
- Representatives of various social and minority groups, different categories of vulnerable people (disabled children, migrants, elderly people);
- Young women entrepreneurs, having the ambition to start up own businesses;
- Civil society and NGO representatives.
- Improved access to high-quality education;
- Increased capacity to deal with the COVID 19 pandemic;
- Affirmation of Bulgaria’s reputation and enriched positive image;
- Conditions created for sustainable and inclusive economic growth;
- Diminished poverty levels and increased well-being.
Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2022 and no later than November 30, 2022.
Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2024.
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of Namibia or Angola;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations;
- Others (depending on country specificity).
Examples of Activities Eligible for Funding (non-exhaustive list):
- Organizing of educational courses on specific topics in Bulgarian and local institutions;
- Purchase/delivery of equipment, software and materials for higher educational institutions, schools, kindergartens, centres for children with disabilities, including for the promotion of online learning during the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Delivery of technical equipment and materials for hospitals and other health care facilities including in response to the COVID 19 pandemic;
Closing date : 28 June 2021
Funding : min. 5 000 BGN – max.15 000 BGN