The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2022.
Priority Areas for Project Implementation on the territory of Jordan:
- Providing qualitative and inclusive education;
- Sustainable economic development and support for sustainable employment;
- Overcoming the negative socio-economic consequences of COVID-19 (including through “Team Europe”).
Objectives and Scope of the Projects:
- Setting up mechanisms and creation of conditions for sustainable employment of young people in the economic and the social life in Jordan;
- Empowering women by providing training and providing sustainable employment. Help and support for vulnerable groups of women and girls;
- Improving the quality of education in educational institutions by improving buildings and their adjacent infrastructure through repairs and installation of new equipment, repair of indoor premises, etc.
- Providing materials for social and hygiene routine of women, girls, disadvantaged children in order to overcome the negative socio-economic consequences of COVID-19.
- Young people, temporarily unemployed;
- Women and disadvantaged children;
- Vulnerable social groups;
- Local population in towns and villages;
- Educational institutions – schools;
- Non-governmental organizations contributing to the realization of the priorities and the achievement of the goals of the Bulgarian “Official Development Assistance”.
- Affirmation of Bulgaria’s reputation and international prestige, expanding the opportunities for exchange of expertise between the Republic of Bulgaria and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in the context of the excellent relations of fruitful cooperation;
- Improving socio-economic development.
- Creating a good school infrastructure and improving the quality of the educational system.
- Adoption and application of good practices and European standards in the field of women’s empowerment and modernization of education.
- Acquiring skills that ensure sustainable employment, reduce poverty and increase prosperity.
- Improving the quality of health services and combating the consequences of the pandemic;
- Deepening the interaction between the institutions at central, regional and local level.
Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2022 and no later than November 30, 2022.
Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2024.
Eligible Candidates :
- Primary and secondary budget beneficiaries – legal entities of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations.
Examples of Activities Eligible for Funding :
- Supply of materials and consumables for the Jordanian health sector in order to meet needs raised by COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 situation;
- Organizing a training module / seminar (with all anti-epidemic measures taken), accompanied by practical exercises and workshops, for the purpose of professional training of women and young people; acquisition of professional skills, based on the Bulgarian experience, aiming at economic independence, acquisition of crafts;
- Organizing specific construction activities for a local key infrastructure project and improving conditions in public schools through construction of water supply and sewerage or similar construction works.
Closing date : 30th June 2021.
Funding : min. 5 000 BGN – max. 30 000 BGN