The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Baghdad, Republic of Iraq announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2022.
Priority Areas for Project Implementation on the territory of the Republic of Iraq :
- Address the root causes of illegal migration and refugee waves by promoting sustainable development, creating employment on the ground and strengthening stability and peace
- Capacity building in support of security and development
- Sustainable economic development and support for sustainable employment, overcoming the negative socio-economic consequences of COVID-19 (including through Team Europe).
Objectives and Scope of the Projects :
- Repair, reconstruction or equipment of state or municipal educational or health infrastructure;
- Organization of seminars, forums and other events for exchange of experience in building democratic institutions and the development of the non-governmental sector;
- Projects for environmental protection and access to quality healthcare;
- Organizing advanced training courses for state and local administration employees.
Target Groups :
- Central and municipal administration, representatives of Iraqi institutions;
- Representatives of various social and minority groups, vulnerable categories of persons (children with disabilities, migrants, the elderly);
- Young people, girls and young women; pupils and students receiving education in various educational institutions;
- Representatives of the civil sector and non-governmental organizations;
- Doctors and employees in medical institutions;
- Freelance journalists, analysts and political experts;
- Activists in the field of environmental protection.
- better governance leading to sustainable and inclusive social and economic development;
- raising awareness of Iraqi citizens about their rights and the possibilities provided for in Iraqi legislation for their protection;
- enriched positive image and visibility of Bulgaria in Iraq;
- strengthened the administrative and expert capacity of Iraqi institutions and organizations committed to the protection of human rights, the rule of law and good governance;
- realized access to modern, quality and inclusive education;
- improving the quality of healthcare;
- protection of the environment and natural resources;
- improving the quality of life.
Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2022 and no later than November 30, 2022.
Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2024.
Eligible Candidates :
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of the Republic of Iraq;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations;
- Others (depending on country specificity).
Examples of Activities Eligible for Funding :
- Development of new / modernization of existing training modules;
- Organizing and conducting trainings for the employees of the administration of the partner country;
- Conducting trainings on specific topics in Bulgarian institutions for exchange of good practices and raising the qualification of the employees of the administration of the partner country;
- Organizing and conducting seminars, forums, conferences (in compliance with the measures related to the pandemic of COVID -19);
- Development of research and strategies;
- Activities for raising awareness of citizens’ rights;
- Activities to promote multicultural dialogue and to reduce racism, xenophobia, hate speech, discrimination and intolerance in society;
- Activities to improve the dialogue between NGOs and local, regional and national authorities;
- Supply of equipment and materials intended for state or municipal property – schools, hospitals, kindergartens, homes for the elderly, etc.;
- Construction works for improvement of state or municipal property sites – schools, hospitals, kindergartens, homes for the elderly, etc.
Closing date : June 30, 2021
Funding : min. 5 000 BGN – max. 33 000 BGN