The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Georgia announces a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial deadline for launching in 2020.
Priority Areas and Directions for Implementing Projects on the Territory of Georgia are:
- Strengthening democratic institutions, good governance and administrative capacity, including with respect to human rights protection;
- Implementation of European standards in the field of agriculture and food safety;
- Support for quality and inclusive education, including for children with disabilities.
Objectives and Scope of the Projects :
- Encouragement of democratic processes, based on the values of democracy and rule of law;
- Establishment of transparent, responsible and stable institutions at national, regional and local level, guaranteiing a high level of human rights protection as a precondition for sustainable and upward development;
- Capacity building and technical support, implementation of structures for sustainable management of agriculture, as well as, ensuring of high level of stability and prosperity;
- Providing quality and accessible education, with a special focus on children, marginalized and vulnerable groups.
Target groups :
- State and local institutions in Georgia;
- Representatives of marginalized and vulnerable groups, with particular emphasis on children, young people, ethnic minorities;
- Penitentiary institutions – prisons, rehabilitation centers;
- Educational institutions – kindergartens, schools, day centers, etc.;
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations, which contribute toimplementing the priorities and achieving the goals of the Bulgarian Development Aid.
- Promotion of the reputation and the international prestige of the Republic of Bulgaria, expansion of the opportunities for knowledge transfer between the Republic of Bulgaria and Georgia through meetings at all levels;
- Enhancement of the interaction between institutions at central, regional and local level, incl. with the aim to ensure high level of human rights protection;
- Higher awareness of the population on topics such as human rights and human rights protection;
- Improvement of the socio-economic development and good governance, leading to sustainable and inclusive economic development;
- Reduction of poverty and increasing ofwelfare through the establishment of socially significant infrastructure;
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards in the field of agriculture and the sustainable management of agricultural resources;
- Quality improvement and enhanced access to education, incl. for the most vulnerable parts of the population.
Eligible Project Budget :
- Minimal ammount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
- for projects with main purpose to deliver goods and /orservices – up to 70 000 BGN;
- for projects with main purpose to carry out repairs and /or construction activities – up to 270 000 BGN.
Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects :
- Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2020 and no later than November 30, 2020.
- Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2022 (the third year of the Bulgarian three-year budget forecast).
Eligible Candidates :
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of Georgia;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations.