The project HOPES-LEB (Higher and Further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians and vulnerable youth in Lebanon), funded by the European Union through the EU Regional Trust Fund in response to the Syrian Crisis, the ‘EU Madad Fund’, and implemented by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Campus France and Nuffic, is pleased to announce the opening of the second round of the HOPES-LEB Call for Proposals to support short-term training and capacity building projects implemented by local institutions and organisations registered in Lebanon.
HOPES-LEB aims at improving livelihood prospects through higher education opportunities for vulnerable Lebanese youth and refugees from Syria, increasing their chances for a better future.
The project follows a comprehensive approach covering the entire educational pathway for higher and further education, from preparation for and completion of higher and further education to access to the labour market through the provision of academic scholarships, and counselling, funding for innovative short-term education projects implemented by local institutions, stakeholder coordination and the development of a unified regional alumni network together with other higher education projects in the region.
Through the second round of the HOPES-LEB Call for Proposals, the HOPES-LEB project invites organisations and institutions registered in Lebanon to submit tailor-made project proposals that address the specific needs of vulnerable Lebanese youth and refugees from Syria and alleviate bottlenecks related to access to and completion of higher and further education and labour market integration.
The type of projects envisioned for the selection are expected to focus on institutional capacity building rather than on the development of individual skills of the target group and address one or more of the priority areas of the educational pathway as described below to provide better services for vulnerable Lebanese youth and refugees from Syria.
This includes facilitating the transition from secondary to higher and further education, limiting the risk of drop-out for students enrolled in higher and further education, and facilitating the transition from higher and further education to the labour market.
General Eligibility :
The general criteria that proposals under the Funding for Training and Capacity Building have to comply with in order to be eligible :
- Proposals should come from organisations and institutions officially registered in Lebanon
(Co-)Applicants must be:
- Local ministries and governmental organisations
- Youth or labour organisations
- NGO’s (local, regional and/or global)
- Education and research institutions (local, regional and/or global)
- International NGO’s, regional and global research institutes and regional and global education institutions can participate as co-applicants in a project, in which a Lebanese registered entity takes the lead.
- (Co-)Applications from research institutes and education institutions: this type of institutional cooperation has to be practical and demand-driven and should arise from the needs of local organisations.
Closing date : 1st December 2021 at 11:59p.m Beirut Time
Funding : €10,000 to €60,000.