Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change.
Hivos East Africa’s safeguarding role in creating safer work-spaces for women in partnership with stakeholders from different sectors intends to offer limited number of mini grants to support organizations with innovative ideas that seek to test ways to tackle, prevent and or respond to sexual harassment vice in different sectors.
The call is open to organization, companies or learning institutions in any sector with innovative ideas, research questions and/ or development of tools aimed at testing or piloting polices practices and norms to prevent and/or address sexual harassment for safer work spaces. Applicants work should be based in any of the Eastern Africa countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda).
Your proposed idea should be viable within a project duration not exceeding 10 months.
Applicants must demonstrate in their proposals how they will document, and share learnings as they implement the project. Further, all grantees are expected to participate in facilitated meeting for knowledge exchange and learning from each other’s experiences as convened by Hivos. Hivos values diversity and inclusion.
The award assessment will be on the basis of how innovative the idea is, and the ability of the applicant to document and learn from the project.
The proposal budget should not exceed Euro 15,000 and should be completed within a period of 6-10 months.
How to apply :
Your idea should clearly indicate how your project will make work-spaces safer and/or trigger public debate or conversations that challenges or counters societal narratives on sexual harassment.
Send an application (no more than 5 pages) with the following information:
- Name of the entity / organization.
- Start and estimated end date of the project.
- Short description of your proposed innovative idea for safer work spaces. In this you will need to describe what innovative idea or actions you intend to take with clearly stated deliverables to be realized during this project, any actors you intend to collaborate with, and the project duration through a clear work plan.
- The requested amount.
- One (1) example of a previous initiative that you / your organization have undertaken that has triggered public debate or conversation challenging main societal narratives.
- Organizations registration documents.