Freedom House – Civic Space Empowerment Program in Turkey
Freedom House invites applications for funding and support from local, registered non-governmental organizations based in Turkey that seek to expand civic engagement on a local level through building partnerships with local municipality offices in Turkey.
The “Civic Space Empowerment” grants program will serve the following objectives:
- To provide financial support to cross-cutting grassroot initiatives that engage journalists, lawyers, human rights defenders, and other activists that seek to strengthen cooperation between local civil society organizations, communities, and municipalities to advance fundamental freedoms in Turkey;
- To provide essential technical support, assistance, and tools to local grassroot initiatives in order to leverage their impact to develop projects in response to openings and opportunities in the aftermath of the previous municipal elections in Turkey;
- To help improve initiatives focusing on promoting fundamental freedoms in Turkey through local community engagement.
Applications will be considered in the following thematic areas:
- Raise awareness about human rights issues with local stakeholders in Turkey;
- Engage officials in local civil society organizations and events;
- Encourage dialogue between civil society groups and the government;
- Building allies for civil society on local level
Closing date : by 23:59 EST on March 20, 2023
Funding : up to $10,000
A lire aussi
Afghanistan, droits des femmes et humanitaire : jusqu’où négocier avec les talibans ?
Restitution de la nouvelle étude de l’OngLAB « Quelle place pour les ONG demain ? »
Soutenir le droit d’initiative des OSC