The support of Innovation Hubs Call for Proposals is part of the intervention “Skilled Young Palestine – Improving Resilience and Job opportunities for Youth (SYP)”. The SYP intervention aims to contribute to support Palestinian Youth in gaining economic autonomy and building their resilience.
The intervention targets vulnerable areas in Palestine and aims to facilitate the transition to employment and self-employment through improving skills and competences among Palestinian youth. There are two main results :
- Result 1 – Increased labour market opportunities for youth by supporting technical skills development demanded by the labour market
- Result 2 – Young people have gained 21st century skills for work and life
The general objective of this Call for Proposals is to support 7 innovation hubs (3 in West-Bank, 3 in Gaza and 1 in East-Jerusalem) to enhance the transition of young people into the labour market in Palestine.
The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is to build the capacity of young people in the field of 21st century skills by facilitating the installation of 7 multifunctional spaces that can serve as platforms for learning and innovation, a place to play, create, learn, mentor, or invent. This will be achieved following two approaches :
➢ Direct approach : (actions covered directly under this call)
Implement training programs in the field of 21st century skills (employment and resilience track) targeted at the beneficiaries of the innovation hubs (vulnerable youth and adolescents). The training program/curriculum will be provided by external experts who will accompany and coach the selected hub throughout the training implementation.
➢ Indirect approach : actions outside this call (additional support from Enabel and external experts):
- Trainers, coaches and managers of the selected hubs to participate in the master Training-of-Trainers (ToT) program with the support of external experts.
- Build the capacity of additional trainers, by further implementing Training-of-Trainers via cascade approach, and with coaching provided by external experts
- Develop sustainability plan of your hub with the support of the external experts
Expected results :
Expected results from the direct approach :
- The resilience and 21st century skills of 2800 vulnerable youth (in total) have increased through the implementation of the training programs in the employment and resilience track.
- Two training cycles has been successfully implemented in each hub. Two training cycles for the employment track and 2 training cycles for the resilience track with a minimum of 12 to 20 trainees per group.
Expected results from the indirect approach :
- A core pool of 21 trainers, coaches and managers (3 per hub) of the selected innovation hubs are capacitated via participating in the ToT program to deliver high-quality training
- Additional 70 trainers (10 per hub) are capacitated by the master trainers
- Sustainable innovation hubs that serve as an interactive and highly motivating environment for youth are established through the development and implementation of sustainability plans.
- Partnership/cooperation with private sector or other stakeholders (international, regional and local) are established.
Target group of the innovation hubs :
The main target group that will benefit the innovation hubs :
➢ Direct beneficiaries of the innovation hubs :
2800 youth (variable amount per hub) between the age of 16 and 29 years old either with an employment or resilience profile with specific attention to vulnerable groups, i.e., youth in general, women, and people with disabilities, and people living in remote areas and NEETs
➢ Indirect beneficiaries :
- 21 coaches, managers, and trainers (1 coach, 1 manager and 1 trainer per hub) who will be coached and mentored through the ToT module, as a core trainers pool.
- An additional 70 people (10 per hub) will be coached through the cascade approach.
Geographical coverage :
The actions must be implemented in Palestine covering one of the following regions : East-Jerusalem, Gaza and West-Bank.
Types of action :
The following types of action are admissible :
- Conducting training sessions, awareness-raising campaigns and workshops
- The acquisition of basic raw materials, tools, teaching aids, etc, necessary for the implementation of the actions
- Provision of insurance against accidents and work-related injuries for trainers and trainees
- Provision of personal protective wear for trainees • Occupational Health and Safety trainings, equipment and other measures adhering to the national standards
- Support for existing training programs (max. 10 % of budget), these programs should be in line with the needed skills in the labour market and linked to the objective of this call.
- Provision of support to trainees to participate in the trainings (e.g. support for transportation, food)
- Monitoring of trainees after finalizing the training programs
- Community outreach and awareness activities aimed at enhancing access and participation of vulnerable youth and women, with particular focus on NEETs and preventing them from dropping out of the training program.
- Activities supporting social inclusion and equitable access (e.g., services responding to specific needs of PWD, and services for vulnerable trainees such as numeracy and literacy trainings, day care services for young mothers, additional transportation arrangements, …)
- Activities to include decent work component within the training programs
- Pre-training career guidance and counselling or coaching activities for youth (the final beneficiary)
- Provision of nationally recognized assessment and certification
The following types of action are not admissible :
- Actions consisting exclusively or primarily of sponsoring the participation of individuals in workshops, seminars, conferences and conventions
- Actions consisting exclusively or primarily of financing individual scholarships for studies or training (unless explicitly allowed in the present guidelines)
Deadline : 25/03/2021 at 16:00 (UTC/GMT +3 hours)
Funding : minimum 60.000 EURO • maximum of 145.000 EURO