The embassy of Canada in Djibouti is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI). The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democraty, human rights and the rule of law.
Organizations eligible to apply for CFLI funding
- local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations;
- local academic institutions working on local projects;
- international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities;
- municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
The average CFLI contribution is $20,000 to $50,000 Canadian Dollars.