The Netherlands are committed to protecting and promoting human rights around the world. Through the Human Rights Program, the Dutch Embassy in Dakar can support projects that contribute to this goal in the following countries: Senegal and Gambia.
The program criteria for the Human Rights Program:
- Projects should have achievable and realistic objectives and focus on clearly defined results.
- The project must correspond to the priority themes in the human rights policy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- The maximum duration of a project under this program is four years, there is no minimum duration.
- There is no maximum amount for the Embassy’s financial contribution to be requested, but the budget must be realistic and in line with the proposed activities.
- A contribution from the requesting organization is appreciated, but not compulsory.
- The Embassy grant is usually paid in two installments.
- Our programs are aimed at non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit associations officially recognized in the countries where the activities will be carried out.
- Organizations that have not received funding from the Dutch Embassy in the past two years will be given priority in the project selection.
- The program does not subsidize: expert missions, trips, etc.; equipment or running costs of the organization (salaries, rental costs, etc.), unless this is justified in the context of the project and only represents a maximum of 7.5% of the budget amount project activities; grants for institutional support cannot be awarded.
N.B.: For Mauritania, the Shiraka program is available, for more information please send an email: DAK-PR-MAURITANIE@minbuza.nl
How to submit a request :
A funding request form must be used for the formulation of the request. It is recommended to use the budget format for the detailed budget.
Applications must be submitted by email to the following address: DAK-PR@minbuza.nl
Grant requests will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- eligibility of the request
- involvement of beneficiaries (technical and financial)
- risks associated with the success of the project
- budget presentation
- relevance of the project with regard to the objectives of the funding program
- previous organizational experience in the same type of project
- innovative nature of the project
Date limite de dépôt de candidatures : 31 décembre 2020