Call for Proposals – Women and Young People’s Rights, Inclusion and Empowerment

Call for Proposals – Women and Young People’s Rights, Inclusion and Empowerment

Wehubit is seeking proposals to increase women and young people’s rights, inclusion and empowerment by means of digital solutions.

The general objective of this Call for Proposals is to increase the use and access to digital solutions offering better living conditions in the partner countries of the Belgian Development Cooperation.

Wehubit is implemented by the Belgian development agency, Enabel, together with its partner, the Belgian Investment Company for Developing countries, BIO, on behalf of the Belgian development cooperation.

Sectors or Themes

The project must contribute to the specific objective of the Call for Proposals. It must also specifically show in detail that it is aligned with the guiding principles of the Wehubit programme:

  • Alignment with the Digital for Development (D4D) strategy paper of the Belgian Development Cooperation;
  • Promotion of digitisation as a means to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals;
  • Application of the 9 Principles for Digital Development;
  • Ensure a Human Rights-based Approach (HRBA);
  • Scaling up and replication of initiatives that have successfully passed a pilot phase. Innovation within these projects will be positively assessed.

Funding Information

The total indicative sum available under this Call for Proposals is 1,000,000 EUR.

  • Minimum amount: 50,000 EUR
  • Maximum amount: 350,000 EUR
  • The programme will finance 90% of eligible expenditure presented in the final financial report of the project submitted. The beneficiary shall bear the remaining 10%.

Eligibility Criteria

  • To be eligible for grants, the applicant must satisfy the following conditions:
    • be a legal person; and
    • be a public actor or be a private non-profit actor; and
    • be established in one of the 14 partner countries of the Belgian bilateral cooperation: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda; and
    • be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with the coapplicant(s) and not be acting as an intermediary; and;
    • have already managed a grant amounting to 40% of the amount applied for. A certificate of satisfactory performance signed by the donor constitutes proof thereof;
    • dispose of audited accounts of the preceding y
  • The applicant may act on its own or with one or more co-applicants.
  • The potential applicant may not participate in Calls for Proposals, nor may they be the beneficiary of grants should one of the following situations be applicable to them:
    • they are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for in national legislation or regulations;
    • they have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgement which has the force of res judicata (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
    • they have committed a serious mistake in their professional duties, duly established in a way which the contracting authorities can justify;
    • they have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the country of the contracting authority or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
    • they have been the subject of a judgement which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity;
  • Co-applicant(s)
    • The co-applicant(s) shall participate in specifying the implementation of the project, and the costs that they incur shall be eligible in the same way as those incurred by the applicant.
    • The co-applicant(s) must satisfy the eligibility criteria which apply to the applicant itself.

How to Apply

Applications must be submitted online via given website.

Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.

For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.